Chapter 16: honeymoon

Start from the beginning

"You two made it in time, come sit down".

I forced a smile and made my way towards my chair. I'm so devastated after today's incident that I can't even give a genuine smile.

She sat beside me with Jimin being the head of the dinning table.

I looked in front to see.....his chair empty.

Looks like he won't come down tonight. Can't face me? How can he after doing something so disgusting.

"Sister-in-law I have a surprise for you". My gaze landed on Mia who brought a dish closer to me.

"Look what I made".

Sweet and sour shrimps?

My mind took me back to that day in the garden. When Jungkook made sweet and sour shrimps. The things he said that day all filled my head.

Mia scooped some rice out for me along with sweet and sour shrimps on top before gently placing it in front of me.

"Have a bite."

I looked at her as she watched me with her doe like eyes with a smile. Awaiting my response.

Jimin on the other side watched me too. Waiting for my reaction.

I picked the chopsticks up and brought the food closer to my mouth. It smelled great as expected. I took a bite, taking in the flavours and when I did...I couldn't help but stop munching.

This....this taste...

"How is it? Do you like it?" Mia asked.

I swallowed it and looked at her.

"Who made this?"

Her smile slowly dropped and eyes blinked twice.

"Why? is it not good? That big brother helped me make it". I turned around to see Jungkook heading out from the kitchen in an apron and a dish in each hand.

He was smiling as he made his way to the dinning table. He placed the dishes down and took the apron out before handing it to a maid beside him.

"Wow, it all looks so good". Jimin complimented as his eyes wandered on the table.

Jungkook took his seat in front of me as I watched him do so. His gaze landing on my face.

It was intense. Although he smiled, the tension between us didn't go unnoticed.

He dares to do something so cruel and feed me my favourite dish to make it up.

"Sister-in-law. Did you not like it".
I slowly diverted my gaze towards Mia who still awaited my response.

"Yes sister-in-law. How is it?....can it be famous enough?"

Try again, and I'll have you famous in the entire country.

My chest began heaving and throat went dry at the remembrance of what happened today.