Chapter 32

-Alana-

I chewed on the inside of my lip slowly, not sure if I wanted to answer his question or not. The forfeit was one that I didn't want to accept either. If I didn't answer his question, then I would have to call one of my exes and 'proclaim my love' for them. I guess I had to answer. "C'mon, answer. Where did you meet Chris?"

"The truth?" His face read 'DUH', but he only nodded; sending me a small and motivational smile as an answer. I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath before answering. "He was my mother's husband... but I guess you can say I stole him from her." I got out in one breath. I didn't want to open my eyes, because I could already picture how his face was set up right now. Rome would be the only boyfriend that I told the truth about Chris. "Uh... you're just fucking with me, right?" I opened my eyes once he let out a nervous laugh.

I only licked over my lips before shaking my head; letting him know that I was being dead ass serious. First his head titled to the right, then he looked me up and down. He allowed about five seconds to pass before he chuckled again. "That's funny. You're funny babe. Alright, my-"

"I'm not joking, Rome. You asked for the truth and I told-"

"Alright, this isn't funny anymore." His tone was stern, letting it be known that he didn't find this 'joke' funny at all. "I wish I was joking."

"This doesn't make any sense, Alana... why the fuck are you playing around like this? You're trying to say that," He paused, allowing another to chuckle to flee from his mouth before continuing. I really wished he would stop with all these fake ass laughs. "You're trying to say, that Chris, you're ex-husband... who is also the father of Caelyn and Paris, right? You're trying to say... that he's your father?! What the fuck-"

"He WAS my STEP father, not my real father. I told you that I don't even know who my father is. Don't you remember that?" As I tried to take a hold of his balled up fists in my hand, he continued to laugh. At me. "You fucked your stepfather? How old is that nigga then?! Cause... Yo!" He started to laugh even harder now as he pushed my body away from his. I watched as he walked over to where Carter was sleeping in the play pen. He picked him up and gently placed him in his crib before turning back to face me. "Well?"

"Well? What else do you want me to say, Rome? You asked... and I answered. Can we talk about something else now?" I pleaded. I really didn't like the way he was looking at me right now; or how much distance he put in between us. It's as if I had some rare plague that he didn't want to come in contact with. "I want you to answer me. How old is that dude? I still can't believe this shit. Fuck..."

"Come here... why are you so-"

"Shit, Alana! Just answer my fucking question! How old is he?" He suddenly boomed; causing my eyes to leave from his hard ones and land on the crib. Luckily Carter was in a deep slumber. "He turned thirty-eight two months ago.. in May." I couldn't really describe how his face was set up right now, because the expression was one I have never seen him wear before. "He's thirteen years older than... hold on," He suddenly walked back over to where I was sitting at the very top of the bed. He just stood there and stared down at me. "Is this why you and your mother had that falling out? Because... you stole her husband? This shit is so fucking confusing."

"Can we stop talking about it now, please? Just come here..." He was reluctant, but after using all my strength to pull him onto the bed, he allowed me to pull his big body into a hug. "Don't judge me, baby. I was young... and wanted to grow up fast. I was attracted him and I acted on the attraction. I know you're probably looking at him as if he's a rapist... but it's not even like that. I'm the one who started the whole thing. I went on to him, and-"

"Stop talking." I sighed, but obeyed his orders before wrapping a leg around his waist. He blew his cool breath onto my forehead as his thoughts raced a mile a minute. At this very moment I wish I could see inside his head. Just to see how he viewed me now. I shouldn't have told him the truth. I should of just lied. "When did this start?"