Chapter 7

-Alana-

My eyes stayed on Paris' moving body as my hands held Cae in place on my hip. Cae was trying so hard to win my attention over right now, and I would of gave it to her; but I was too busy contemplating on how I was going to beat Paris.

"Where's my daddy?!" Inhaling a deep breath and counting to ten wasn't even an option right now. I was pissed off and she was the cause.

"Paris! Get back in this room!" This time I had to place Cae on her feet and storm out the room once I heard Paris' light footsteps running down the stairs.

"Where is he?! You make him leave!" If it was not for my fast reflexes then I would of took her flying Jordan shoe to the head. "Where is he?! I WANT HIM!" As she struggled to get the other foot of her shoe off I quickly ran up to her. It wasn't easy picking her up and holding her over my shoulder as she sent blow after blow to my back.

"Paris! Stop and listen to me!" I placed her squirming body on the couch and then kneeled down in front of her so that she couldn't escape. She started kicking her feet up and down, trying to hit me in the face. That's when I had enough and grabbed her by the front of her pajama top.

"Leave me alone!"

"Listen to me! Your father is coming home tomorrow, okay? You will see him when you get home from school. He's picking you up! So calm down!" I slowly released her shirt and then smoothed it out some once she stopped glaring at me.

"Where is he?" I rolled my eyes but continued to brush back her hair as I adjusted myself from crouching down to sitting beside her on the couch.

"He's in Miami doing work. You know how daddy loves making music, right?" She was about to answer my question when she scrunched up her face. I followed her gaze and looked over my shoulder. Once I saw Caelyn's little body creeping in the doorway a smile formed on my face.

"Get in here, Cae." She ran into the room and climbed up to sit beside me on the couch. After fixing her body so that she was laying her head in my lap she smiled up at me then spoke. "I'm hungry."

"You hungry too, Paris?" It was ten a.m. on a Sunday morning. Outside was chilly while inside the house was toasty. After ignoring me for a few extra seconds she finally nodded and then laid out against the arm of the couch. Deciding to leave her alone, I handed her the remote before picking Cae up in my arms and trudging into the kitchen with her.

"You're gonna help mommy make breakfast. Okay?"

"Okay."

x

"But why do I have to go? Caelyn stay home from school last week Monday!"

"Bring your voice down." My voice was calm and that was only because my body was at ease. After breakfast I gave them both a shower and then ran myself a quick bath. We were now all dressed in black tights and had on Chris' white shirts. His shirt stopped at mid-thigh for me while Paris and Caelyn were basically wearing them like they were Snuggies.

It was obvious that we missed him. All of us.

"Why don't you want to go to school tomorrow? What's going on?" I removed Caelyn's little hand from my hair and then placed it on my cheek as I waited for Paris' response.

"I just need a break." The laugh that left my mouth was so loud and obnoxious. It was also too real. "It's not funny. I'm tired."

"You're tired? Paris, you add numbers and stare at polygons all day. How is that tiring?" I had to let out another nasty ass laugh and Caelyn even joined me this time. Wait till Chris hears this one.