Chapter 24

-Chris-

I looked from Paris to Caelyn and then back to Paris once again as I listened on closely for her answer.

"Everything has been fine. I see mommy and daddy everyday. Together." She quickly added in the last part before smirking at me. I only nodded slowly; silently rewarding her. In all actuality I would be rewarding her with a new iPad mini once ma leaves.

"That's good. How about you Caelyn? How is everything?" I watched on with knitted eyebrows as my mother proceeded to interrogate Caelyn next. Caelyn wasn't a trained liar like Paris was, so hopefully she could follow her sister's lead to lead this 'family' to victory.

"Fine, grandma. Everything is peachy." She smiled sweetly to sign the deal; and it took everything in me not to hop across this table and gather her up in my arms for that Emmy winning performance. She was definitely getting that trip to the Mac store that Lana told me she's been bugging her for. Shit, I might even allow her to buy out the whole store; I got it like-

"Daddy?"

"Yes, Cae?" I nodded at her, ensuring her that she had my full attention and that she could proceed. I quickly glanced around the table and connected eyes with Lana. She had the 'rockstar' hand symbol placed to her right ear. I nodded slowly before restoring my attention back on Caelyn.

"Where grandma sleep? Not in guest room by herself. She sleep with me in-"

"Oh no, baby... I don't want to take over your small bed with my big body. I'm fine in the guest room." Ma laughed, followed by Lana laughing. Only thing is Lana's laugh was filled with much more sarcasm. As ma turned to speak to Lana, I used the free time to pull out my phone and check the message that Lana sent about four minutes ago; according to the time stamp.

From Babymoms: Tell your nosy ass mother to stop asking my children questions.

I sighed inwardly before locking back my phone and stuffing it back into my pocket just as mama called for my attention.

"Is that true Chris?"

"Is what true, ma?" My eyebrows raised on their own as I looked around the table. Only to be greeted with eight staring eyeballs.

"That you and Alana right there are thinking about going for a third child. Why?"

"What do you mean why? Because I'm his fuck-" I had to cut Lana off before she went off at this dinner table. My mother gasped before narrowing her eyes on me. Dag, she's acting like I'm the one who cursed.

"Hello, Chris? Why would you want to bring another child into the world... with this little girl." She whispered the last part for the kids' sake; but both Lana and I heard her clearly. I think Lana heard her the clearest because her jaw flexed and relaxed about two times before she spoke.

"Maybe because he loves me and doesn't give a fuck about your opinion of his marriage? Maybe that's a reason. Chris, you got another reason?" I quickly licked over my lips before looking from Lana's shaking head and over to my mama's blank face.

"Uh, who wants ice cream?" The bedlam that the girls unleashed upon the kitchen was all the boost I needed to get the fuck out of this dining room. Cheetah fast.

-Alana-

"Chris."

"Yes, Alana?"

"I don't know how much longer I can do this shit. She's trying me and when I slap the shit out of her then I'd be wrong, right?"

"Just ignore her, please. You know how she-"

"I'm gonna ignore her, alright. One slip up of words though and she's getting pimp'd the fuck slapped. You're laughing like I'm joking. I'm dead ass serious, B." His laughter suddenly ceased and he was now looking at me with arched eyebrows and a clenched jaw.