Chapter 5

-Alana-

Caelyn and I were the only inhabitants in the house today. Chris took Paris to school then went straight to some studio after he dropped her off. He said that he will be back by one the latest but I didn't really care. I was glad I allowed Cae to stay home today because we were now fake cupcakin' in the living room. Cuddled up and all.

"I want to be a teacher. No, a princess! Yeah. Like Cinderella, mommy. Can I be a princess when I grow up?" She stopped gazing at the television long enough to look up at me with this cute ass little smile on her face. "You can be anything you want to be, baby. You would make a beautiful princess. Just know who the queen is at the end of the day." I smirked at her before wrapping my arms around her torso.

I was sprawled out across the couch on my back and she was laying on top of my stomach. We were supposed to be watching the movie 'Enough' with Jennifer Lopez, but right as I was about to hit the 'play' button Caelyn changed her mind and said she wanted to watch 'Mulan.' I think I'm going to be Mulan for Halloween next year. This year I was Princess Jasmine and Chris thought he was cute by throwing on a cream colored sheet and calling himself Aladdin. We did win best costume at the party that the center was throwing though, so I was okay with him walking around in a sheet.

"You make a pretty queen, mommy." She smiled pleasantly at me before resting her head back on my chest and focusing back on the movie. I was about to call her out for deeming me with 'pretty' when I did the most to call her 'beautiful.' I decided against it though and only ran my hand through her soft hair as I tuned into the movie also.

-

It was Thursday and Chris had to be down at the studio. AGAIN. Now, I'm not even about to state my real thoughts about what he's doing down there at that studio 'supposedly', only because I love and trust him. Yeah, sure. Since when did he need to be down at the studio every damn day of the week to make some fucking beats?

He has a mac laptop with this 'Garage Band' program that lets him create beats and send them off to potential clients. So why is he down at the studio right now and not home with the girls and I? Today was my day off until Saturday and I know he's going to bitch about us not bonding and shit when he gets home.

I looked from Paris' half empty bowl of Cookie Dough ice-cream and over to Caelyn's plate filled with bacon and pancakes. She wanted breakfast for dinner today while Paris only wanted ice-cream. I don't know where they get these weird ass cravings from. "Here." I looked up from responding to Chris' one word reply when I felt Caelyn tug at a strand of my now straight hair. I was about to tickle her for touching my hair with her greasy ass bacon hands, but when I saw that she was trying to feed me a forkful of pancakes I immediately squirmed in my seat.

"Thank you, baby. Now give me kiss." I chewed what I had in my mouth before leaning in and pecking her poked out lips. She squealed when I kissed her nose but I only laughed before looking back down at my now dimly lit phone screen. Oh yeah, I was replying to Chris' rude ass one word reply. I asked him what time will he be home because he's been gone from eight this morning and it was almost eight pm now.

From Hubby: later.

To Hubby: When is later, though? You been gone for half the day.

I wasn't even bitching because he was gone for half the day... it pains me to say this but Chris was bringing in most of our income so I could rock with him being out doing what he has to do to provide.The reason why I am bitching and blowing his phone up is because I have this gut feeling inside of me that he's out doing something that he has no damn business doing.

From Hubby: Damn. I said I'll be home soon.

To Hubby: No tf you did not. You said you'll be home 'later'. It's all good though, Chris. Do you. Just glance at that ring on your finger before you do the dumb ass shit I know you out there doing.