Chapter 10 ~Part 2~

-Alana-

Caelyn was laying under the covers watching Spongebob when I barged into her room. She glanced at me before sitting up in bed. "What you look for?" She asked cutely while looking over my head. I didn't have to glance over my shoulder to know that it was Chris standing in the doorway. His heavy breathing could be heard from miles away.

I returned her soft smile before walking over to her closet and pulling out her sparkly blue 'Cinderella' pulley suitcase. Chris sighed loudly before mumbling a 'really?' I only side eyed him before smirking and then walking over to where Caelyn was watching me intently from her bed.

"Why you have suitcase? I going out?" Licking over my lips, I parked her suitcase to the side of me before crouching down so that I was at eye level with her. "Mommy's going on a little vacation... do you want to come with her? Or would you like to stay with Paris and him?" Chris' loud and deep sighs could be heard from the doorway. I was two seconds away from really giving him something to huff and puff about.

"Can I come please? I want to go–"

"Pack some underwear and some clothes for school. Don't worry about shoes, just pull on your black uggs when you're done." She nodded slowly but still kept a smile on her face as she hopped off her bed to go do what I asked.

"Can we please talk, Alana? I don't want you to leave." He pulled me into a tight hug as he continued to beg for my forgiveness. "I'm sorry alright? I know what I did was wrong and I wish I never did it. I can't take it back though; so can we just move on from this? We're married and I want us to stay married for more than a year." Pulling away from the tight hold he had on me, I only looked up at him before shaking my head.

"You can take that forced ass apology and go somewhere with it. And this teary eyed shit that you doing is not gonna pull it either. Why you crying, baby? Were tears falling when you was in bed with that hoe?" I whispered the last part so that Caelyn wouldn't hear. After clenching and relaxing his jaw a few times, he finally spoke.

"I'm more than willing to fix this. Let me fix this, please."

"I honestly don't want whatever 'this' is to be fixed." I spat while using air quotes. He was persistent.

"Our marriage, Lana. You don't want our marriage to be fixed?!" He raised his voice above the required volume, causing me to look over my shoulder at Caelyn. She was digging through her drawers and paying her television more attention than us.

"I don't know... The only thing I'm worried about right now is packing my stuff and leaving. So can you move?"

"Where she going?" I heard Paris question Chris as I continued to check the balances on my cards. I knew that she was referring to me; she didn't even have enough respect to refer to me by 'mom' or 'mommy.' And he had the audacity to question why I was only taking Caelyn.

"Where you going again, Lana? Paris wanna know." I tried my best to ignore him as I typed in the security code for my 'Bank Of America' card.

"Where you going?" I sighed before hitting 'enter' on the iPad and then turning to Paris after I seen the page load. She was dressed in black tights along with a black 'Brooklyn Nets' tee. It definitely didn't feel like four pm on Christmas Day.

"Caelyn and I are going on a little vacation. We will be back to visit you guys in a few days. Do you want to come with?"

"No. I'll stay here with daddy." Of course that would be her answer. Forcing a fake smile onto my face, I kissed her cheek before tending back to the iPad in my lap. The balance on my account was forty three thousand dollars and change. That wasn't enough to get me a house, not that I was looking for one, but it's more than enough to get a furnished condominium for me and my baby.