Chapter 31

-Chris-

"Where's Paris?" She only glanced at my face for a brief moment before looking past my body, continuing her search for Paris. My eyes stayed locked on the baby that she was cradling in her arms. Paris told me his name before, but I forgot. Not even on purpose, it just wasn't something that I found important enough to remember. "She's in the car..." She slowly brought her eyes back to meet mine, nodding in the process.

"Uh, what's his name again?" I pointed to the little boy in her arms. He smiled big at me before holding his tiny arms out. I quickly looked away from his now pouting face and back to Lana's annoyed one. "Carter. His name is Carter, Chris." She said it in a duh type of voice before rocking a now crying 'Carter' in her arms. "Come in, Cae is almost ready." She stepped aside to allow me to walk into the house, before kicking the door close with her leg.

"You know he's crying because he wants you to hold him, right? For whatever odd reason." She mumbled the last part before starting down the hall with a still crying Carter. I only shrugged as I followed her lead. Fuck he wanted me to hold him for? I'm not his pops. I plopped down into the couch beside her then smiled once Alissa entered the living room. I've only met her three times since she's been here, but we clicked. This was the bro.

"Chris! When did you get here?" She jumped into my lap and gave me a big hug before looking up at my face. I quickly pecked her forehead before answering her lingering question. "I just got here, beautiful. How you doing?"

"I'm fine. You're taking Caelyn away from me for two whole days... That's not fair." She frowned before jumping off my lap, and standing in front of me. "How bout this, when I bring Cae back on Saturday, I bring you some candy? What candy do-"

"No, Chris. She can't have candy."

"And why can't she?" I looked from Alissa's fallen face and over to Alana once she butted into a conversation that had nothing to do with her. "Because I said so. She's my little sister and-"

"Daddy!" Thank God Caelyn came running into the room when she did. Saved me from this bullshit ass excuse that Lana was about to feed me. "Hey, gorgeous... You ready?" I quickly stood from my seat and walked over to where Caelyn stood in the doorway; struggling with her big book bag. I easily picked it up and placed one strap over my shoulder before bending to pick her up next. "I've missed you, daddy..." I smiled a little before kissing her cheek and then turning to face a frowning Alissa.

"I'm going to bring you some candy when I come back, alright? That mean old, grouchy monster over there can't tell me other wise." She knew I was referring to Lana as the 'monster'. She smiled big before hugging my leg and then waving Caelyn off. I started for the exit of the living room, which was also the entrance. "Let me show you guys out." I shook my head, but still allowed her to walk in front of me. I had to chuckle because even though it's been a whole year since I dropped her; her ass was still the same size. "Your nigga not hitting it right. Ass still the same size."

"Bye, Cae... have fun." She completely ignored my previous comment and only kissed Caelyn's face before opening the door for us. "Thanks, lil butt." She groaned before slamming the door, almost catching my foot in the process. I chuckled as I walked down the driveway with Caelyn in my arms. "Your mom is so aggressive. Do you know that?"

"Only when you come around." I gasped, faking astonishment, before helping her into the back seat beside Paris. I handed her, her big ass bag before closing the door and then walking over to the driver's side of the car. "Your mom hates me."

"No... she doesn't hate you." I smiled faintly at Cae's attempts to change my mind. This is one thing I loved about Cae. Her natural kindness. If it was Paris I just told that to; she would of agreed with me and left me to sulk in my thoughts. "Thanks, baby. You always know just what to say." I placed a hand to my chest and then fanned myself with the other; causing a myriad of giggles to seep through her lips.