Chapter 18

-Alana-

Realizing my true feelings was never a problem for me. If I liked you, then of course I was going to tell you. If you guys haven't noticed by now, I go after what I want. That's how I ended up in the situation that I'm in. Nine years ago I went after Chris. I really fucked with his mind until he believed that what we were doing wasn't wrong. I was manipulative and spoiled and so demonic ... but I got what I wanted.

I still want him too. After all the foul shit he's done to me over the years, I still want his dumb ass. I honked my horn once and then smirked to myself as a memory came back to me.

-6 years ago-

Chris brought home In-N-Out Burger for me for lunch. I guess he was trying to smooth things over, since this happened to be my favorite.

I chewed on a few french fries while watching him feed Paris her baby grapes. I guess he ate his food in the car because all that was in the bag was a burger combo meal.

"I did it today." I licked the salt off my finger tips before connecting my eyes with his, trying to figure out what the fuck he did today.

"What? You fucked Faith like you promised?" I chuckled before taking a long sip of my Sprite, watching his face grow hard.

"You know I didn't mean that shit, I was just mad."

"Mhm, whatever." I fanned him off before picking up my burger. He watched me as I chewed and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm talking bout the divorce though, I told her bout it." I looked up at him and finished chewing before swallowing what I had in my mouth.

"Really?... how'd she take it?" You would think I would have a tad bit of sincerity in my heart towards my mother's feelings. But nope, the bitch deserved to be alone. Who ships their daughter off to another state and then abandons them when they get pregnant? I know who. Alison Lozada.

"Not too well." He mumbled before quickly popping one of the grapes into his mouth while Paris had her attention on me. He knew better than to do it in front of her face... she would flip shit.

"Who takes a divorce well?" I asked smartly and then smiled when he smirked at me.

"She was cheating too, six months." I swear I would of choked on my fries if I didn't have my drink in my hand to wash it down.

"Sh-sh-she WHAT?!" I quickly glanced at Paris while my stuttering picked up.

"She was cheating for six months... I found the niggas clothes in my drawer and then she admitted it." He laughed after he said that but I was still in a state of shock. My mother cheated? What year is this?

"Damn, that's fucked up. Not as fucked up as cheating for three years though... but still fucked up." I smiled big at him as he shook his head at me. It's the truth though.

"I was pissed for a minute, but when I remembered that what I did was worse I ain't even give a fuck." He shrugged while I only nodded. At least she won't be completely alone. She was cheating so she must have that nigga to fall back on.

"What exactly did you do?" The sinister smile never left my face as I kept eye contact with him.

"I don't know, to be honest... I think I fucked her daughter's brains out for three years straight and then got her pregnant, somewhere among those lines." He spoke in this high-pitched white voice, sounding chill as ever. I couldn't hold in my laugh any longer; I fell back onto the arm of the couch.

"Fucked my brains out? Really, Chris?"

He nodded like he was proud or some shit before feeding Paris another grape.

"It was never that serious." I mumbled before continuing to eat my burger. I needed that laugh though.

"Never that serious? Aight. Let's make it that serious." I arched an eyebrow at him while I chewed. Fuck was he be talking bout?

"Go on..."

"When I put Paris down for her nap, let me fuck your brains out." It took me less than three seconds to fill the living room with obnoxious laughter.

"Hush up. I'm deadass though."

"Me too, Chris. I'm not fucking you. Bye." I let out another laugh just looking at his face. He would of thought he was slick.

My sappy reminiscing came to an end when he entered the passenger seat of my car. Sighing, I turned in my seat to face him. He was already looking at me but he was glaring at me. Like... I don't remember doing anything to him.

"Yo, you good?"

"I'm chill. Wassup? Why you wanted to see me?" He broke eye contact and then let a yawn seep through his lips before leaning his head back on the headrest. His hand arm was resting on the arm rest, so I took the opportunity to place my hand in his.

"What-"

"Can we stop playing games now? We love each other and we belong together. At least I belong with you... I want to finalize the divorce and then start over. Can we start over, please? I'm sorry..." I was beginning to ramble so I shut myself up by rolling my lips back into a straight line. He was looking at me like I just told him that the sky is pink.

"Uh... ahm, I... shit, Lana. I don't know what to say. What do you want me to say?" He squeezed my hand once in his before sighing and looking back at me. Shrugging, I sighed also before closing my eyes. His hand was really soft, warm too.

"Say something, Chris. You don't know how hard it was for me to drive over here and recite that shit to you. Either you tell me what I know you're feeling for me or you can tell me to take my ass home."

"You know I love you... and I would get back with you in a heartbeat. You know that. I just can't right now... lemme explain, Lana." He grabbed back my hand after I snatched it out of the gentle hold he had on it.

"Get out of my car, Chris. I... I can't believe you just said that. You can't get back with me because that bitch you with took my spot? Is that it? You known her for what? Five minutes!"

"You know she can't take your spot so go somewhere with that. Shits just not as easy as you're making it sound. I care about Hermes... I know it's only been a little over a month but I got some feelings for her. They're not as strong as the feelings I have for you... I just, I don't know man. Gimme some time to think shit through?"

"Take all the time you need, Chris." I turned my head to the side when he leaned in to kiss me. As bad as I wanted to feel his lips against mine, I wanted him to make up his mind before we get into all this kissy face shit. "I'm not pushing you away... I just think we should start over. As in, we're no longer married. You're Chris Brown and I'm Alana Lozada. All that title shit can come later on down the line."

"So... we're gonna be friends?"

"I can't just be friends with you. You're gonna have to make a choice between me; the woman who gave you two beautiful ass kids and the best nine years of your life. Or her, the replacement who will forever be just that. A replacement."

"You already know my choice. Just give me some time... please." Nodding slowly, I silently agreed to his wishes. I hope I'm doing the right shit this time.