Chapter 29

-Alana-

I sat at the edge of the bed fumbling with my fingers, as he quickly stripped himself from all apparel. He was now down to his boxers, and was about to pull it down until he glanced over at me, finally noticing my discomfort. "What's wrong?"

"Please don't be mad," I pouted, waving him over to me in the process. Once he stood towering me, I linked my arms around his neck and pulled him in until our lips were touching. "I'm not in the mood for sex anymore. I'm sorry." His face fell in a matter of seconds, starting with the initial jaw clench before settling on the swift flaring of the nose. "Chris..."

"Why the fuck do you keep doing this shit, Lana?!" He huffed loudly before ripping my arms from around his neck and roughly pushing them to my lap. "What am I doing, Chris? If I don't want to fuck then I don't want to fuck. Why are you pressuring me?" I ran a hand through my black- blonde hair as I watched him re-dress himself.

"Ain't nobody pressuring you. You the one who told me that we could fuck... Now you pull some shit like this. I got needs too." My face scrunched at the last line. "You have what?" He pulled his shirt over his head before turning to look at me, the hard expression never leaving his face once.

"Needs, Lana. I have fucking needs too! You ain't let a nigga hit in how long now? I don't know why the fuck you holding out on me."

"You need to calm down, because its definitely not that serious. It's just sex, okay? You can survive-"

"I can't survive, alright? Either you let me in or I can fuck someone else. Like you said, we're not together... So I don't know why I'm trying this hard."

"If you really cared about working things out between us, then sex wouldn't be the only thing on your mind!" He was really working me now. "How about we talk? Just lay I'm bed and talk. Why-"

"You could do all that talking shit with the other nigga you got," he shook his head only briefly before turning on the balls of his feet. "When I end up fucking somebody else, I want to hear you bitch."

X-X

The girls were still asleep when I woke up from my nap. It was pushing on three thirty and Chris was nowhere to be found. I didn't call him because I didn't really care where he was. Calling him would only add more stress onto my shoulders that neither I or my baby needed.

He could go and fuck anyone that he liked, I could care less. How are you going to pressure me into having sex with you? Who the fuck does that? A rapist, maybe. "He's mad because I didn't want to sleep with him..."

"Well, how long has it been?"

"Uh, eight... nine months? The last time we slept together was before Christmas... last year."

"... WOW."

"Can you give me beyond one worded answers, ma? If I wanted one worded answers then I would of texted you." I rolled my eyes, sitting up against the headboard in the process. "Alright, calm down. Getting so worked up is not good for the baby." I rolled my eyes again, annoyed because she was giving me medical and pregnancy advice rather than relationship advice.

"This whole thing could of been avoided if you'd just tell him. Tell him that the baby is affecting your body as well as your hormones. At least it's the truth."

"I don't care if its the truth ma. I don't want to tell him yet."

"But-"

"No.. when its time then it's time. Until then, for all Chris knows I haven't had sex since I've been with my last."

"Okay, if that's what you want to do. I have to go though, there's a patient outside my door."

"Aww, alright. Love you, bye."