Chapter 20 ~Part 2~

-Alana

"Caelyn, please just sit here for a minute. I have to sign some papers inside and I-"

"I want to come! Can I please come, mommy? I won't be bad I-"

"Alright, come on." I quickly licked over my lips as I helped her out of her seat belt. Once her hand was secured in mine I slammed the car door and then started back for the 'Mending Homes' building. Mending homes my ass... As we were entering the building, Chris and Paris were exiting. Chris glanced at me for only a brief second before shaking his head and picking up Paris in his arms. I don't know what he was trying to do, but he needed to stop because it was obvious that his old ass was struggling.

"Bye, Cae... bye mom." I sent Paris a small wave as I escorted Caelyn over to the front desk. The waiting room was pretty empty; only one guy sitting in the corner on his phone. He was attractive, but probably not my type. What was my type anyway? Did I even have one? I doubt it, since I keep running back to the same nigga who treats me like shit.

"Hello, how may I help you?" Greeted the average weight, dark skinned female working the front desk. She had a pretty ass smile, teeth straighter than an arrow. " I forgot to fill out the release forms? I believe that is what the therapist called it. It's to rate my experience here and-"

"Oh! The feedback slip!" She sent me this hearty laugh while I just smiled faintly. She laughed for a few extra seconds before telling me to 'give her a second.' When she turned on her heels to walk over to this filing cabinet, I turned to Caelyn who was connecting imaginary dots on the floor.

"Get up, Cae; and go sit over there. I'm coming right now." I helped her up from her sitting position on the floor and then lead her to a vacant chair in the front row. I glanced at the guy in the back and he seemed to be minding his own business; so I doubt he would bother Caelyn.

"It's back and front,boo; so you're going to have to take your time filling it out. You don't need to write in complete sentences, just get to the point. Oh, and here's a pen." She smiled at me before handing me the thin piece of paper along with a purple pen that had the center's information on it. I grabbed this 'Family' magazine from the top of the counter before thanking the kind receptionist, and making my way over to Caelyn.

"I know you're hungry, Cae; so after this we can go to TGI Friday's. You want to go there?" She nodded quickly before resting her head in my lap. Sighing, I looked down the hall at the vending machine that I remembered to have chips, candy, and drinks stacked inside.

"Get up, Cae; I'm gonna go get you some chips and a drink to hold your stomach until we get to the-"

"Don't leave, just stay here."

"But you're hungry, baby. I don't want-"

"Mommy!"

"Alright, fine." I mumbled lowly before looking back at the paper in front of me. Since Caelyn was laying her head in my lap, I had to place my paper and magazine in the chair to the right of me; and press down on that.

"How would you rate (insert therapist name here) based on your (insert time in hours here) session?" I give that bitch an eight. She was cool for the most part, but when she started taking Chris' side and allowing him to tell lies and shit, that's when I said 'fuck her'.

"Your stomach is grumbling, Cae. I wish you would stop being so stubborn."

"Leave me alone." She suddenly lifted her head from my lap and rested it in her hands. Sighing, I shook my head at her little attitude before continuing to fill out the form. My stomach was grumbling too and I couldn't wait to down a burger at-