Chapter 20 ~Part 3~

-Alana

Getting a call from your baby father, as well as your soon to be ex-husband, hollering that your baby girl is in a hospital bed had to be the worst phone call of my life. Here I was, eating take out lunch with Rome and Nicholai when Chris calls my phone; shouting at me to come down to St.Elias Children's hospital now!

"Stop crying, Alana... just tell me what happened. What did he say?" He was trying to get me to calm down but I was too busy trying to locate my purse, as well as my shoes.

"Nicholai, do you know where I put my shoes? I just-"

"I put them in closet! I'll get it for you..." I nodded gracefully at him before turning around and bumping into Rome. I wiped the last of my tears with the back of my hand before looking up at him.

"You don't have to tell me... just let me drive you to wherever you're going. I don't want you driving and crying and shit." I hesitated, but still nodded at him. Once Nicholai gave me my shoes, I instructed him to put on his also. If his father was coming, then he had to come too.

"Alright, Nich... come on." He scooped Nicholai up in his arms and then allowed me to run out the house first. There was a bit of a hold up when deciding on who's car to drive, but we finally decided on his after him stating that Nicholai's car seat was in his car.

"This is why I didn't want to leave her with him... how did she end up in the hospital, Rome? I swear... he-"

"Wait, who's in the hospital? And which hospital?" He broke eye contact from the road for half a second to glance at me. When he looked back at the road the sobbing started up again.

"Why you cry, Alana? Don't cry..." I had to muster up a smile to send Nicholai. He was being too cute and comforting right now. My little husband.

"My little baby is in the hospital... she's okay though, I know she is." He smiled along with me this time before placing his attention on the fading houses outside the window. Rome tapped my leg, trying to restore my attention.

"Which hospital?"

"St.Elias." I sniffed once before closing my eyes and resting my head on the back of my seat. I sent a heart-felt prayer to the man upstairs, asking him to keep my baby in his blessings.

---

"You go, I'm going to find a parking spot and then we'll be right in." I nodded quickly at him then tightened the grip I had on my purse before hopping out his Range Rover Evoque. As soon as I entered the waiting room I spotted Paris. Once she saw me she ran over to where I stood and held onto my leg. I didn't realize that she was crying until I felt her tears hitting my bare leg.

"Paris, stop crying... you're going to make me cry," I quickly blinked backed the tears before prying her little arms from my leg. "Where's your father?" She wiped her tears before pointing behind her and over to this vending machine. I spotted Chris leaning against the machine with his eyes closed. "Alright, go back over there... I'll be back."

"Alana... look, I'm not gonna say that this wasn't my fault because it sort of is. I was outside dealing with Paris when Cae-"

"Why am I not surprised, Chris?" I crossed my arms over my chest as I watched his face twist up in confusion. He opened his mouth to defend himself but I wasn't near finished telling him off. "You were tending to Paris when you should of been watching my daughter! She's in the hospital because of you... always with the fucking favorites."

"Why you keep calling her 'your' daughter though? She's my daughter too!"

"Nope... Paris is your daughter, Chris. Paris is the only one you care about... no wonder she's perfectly fine and Caelyn is the one in this children's hospital. I swear... you-"