Chapter 27

-Alana

"You're stressing yourself out, bro. Real talk just tell him." I rolled my eyes as if he could see me. Of course it was easy for him to say that. He wasn't in my shoes; he had no worries.

"Why don't you tell him, Rome? Shit." I smacked my lips lowly as I looked over at Alissa eating her cereal. I placed a finger to my lips, letting her know not to repeat anything I just said. I really needed to watch my mouth around little kids.

"It ain't my position to tell him. So-"

"So mind your business. I'll tell him when I'm ready." I guess I pissed him off, because he mumbled a 'later' before ending the call. Rolling my eyes because of his dramatics, I locked my phone before placing it to the side of me on the table.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, cutie. Don't worry about me..." I sent her a genuine smile before looking down at her bowl of cereal. I think I poured out too much for her. I gave her the amount that Chris ate. "Why is ma still sleeping? It's almost nine."

"She doesn't work on Fridays; so she sleeps in." I nodded slowly, taking in her words. I was up when Trevor left this morning around seven. He asked if I could make Alissa some breakfast when she wakes up; I guess he knew that ma wouldn't be up around the time that Alissa would be.

"She needs to get up, cause I gotta go." Her face fell just the slightest, causing me to inwardly curse myself for speaking my thoughts aloud. "I mean, I have to go get my stuff from the hotel. I need to change my clothes."

"Great! I don't want you to leave yet. You're my only sister." She smiled faintly at me before pushing her bowl forward, indicating that she was finished eating. I quickly picked up the bowl and dumped the remainders of her cereal into the sink, emptying out the strainer after all of the soggy Frosted Flakes were captured. "Aren't you hungry?"

"Uh, I ate already... Before you woke up." And I did eat breakfast. A slice of toast and a cup of water was all I could get down these mornings. I think the baby didn't want me to enjoy my morning breakfast.

"Okay, as long as you eat. Mommy says its the most important meal of the day. She's a doctor, you know."

"I know," I giggled along with her before picking her up from her seat at the table and resting her on my hip. She was around the same weight as Caelyn, so I wasn't straining at all. Once we entered the living room, ma was sitting on the couch; reading a newspaper. "Good morning mommy."

"Good morning baby. Good morning Lana." I smiled warmly at her before greeting her also.

"When did you get up, ma? I didn't even hear you come down the stairs."

"I just got down here. You guys were laughing it up in the kitchen, so I doubt you heard me," she paused to put her newspaper down and take Alissa from my lap. "You were laughing the loudest... You little hyena." I watched as she tickled Alissa's little tummy; causing her to squirm and let out a myriad of giggles.

"Chill, ma... she just ate." The maternal side of me came out and I was now taking Alissa back from my mother's hold, resting her in my lap again.

"Oh yeah, thanks for giving her breakfast." I nodded lightly, not really interested in what she just said. Alissa was examining each one of my nails, studying the tribal print designs that I had.

"Alana has to go back to her hotel to get change of clothes. Can I go with her, please?" I poked out my bottom lip too, silently begging along with Alissa.

"You want to use the car?"

"Yes, please." I quickly kissed her cheek before running out the living room with Alissa behind me. I really did enjoy being a big sister.