Chapter 21

-Chris-

I smacked my lips once I realized that I was being sent to voicemail. Again. This is that petty shit that I did not sign up for. Fuck is she swerving my calls for, like I'm not supposed to talk to my daughter.

"What, Chris?!"

"Calm the fuck down with all that. No one called for you... put my daughter on the phone.

"So now she's your daughter?" She allowed a dry chuckle to escape her lips before I heard her calling for Caelyn. Her ass better put my daughter on the phone. "Please don't fill her head up with any false dreams, Chris. She's still waiting on that trip to Disney Land that you promised her and Paris."

"I'm going to take them, alright?"

"Mhm, sure. Here's Caelyn." I shook my head as I continued to pick out my gear for tonight. A producer friend of mine is throwing this party in the city. I need a couple drinks in my system to unwind from all the stress that Alana's been bestowing upon me.

"Hello?"

"Hey, baby girl. How you feeling?"

"Hi, daddy! I'm feeling fine... my lip just hurts a little. But I'm a big girl, so I can handle it."

"That's what I like to hear. Say, you want Paris to come over by you guys tonight?"

"Can she? Please daddy, please please-"

"Okay, Caelyn," I licked over my lips as I walked into my closet, in search of the new Joker 3's I picked up last week. These shits ain't available to the public yet, but when you got stacks on deck... things magically appear in your closet. I chuckled at my silly thoughts before tuning back into what Caelyn was saying. "I'll have her pack for two days, you cool with that?"

"Yes! Pack lots of clothes! Mommy might take us to the park."

"Alright, I'll tell her. Tell your mom that I'm dropping Paris off in a few... I love you."

"Love you too, bye!" I ended the call and then hooked my phone up to the charger before exiting my room and walking down the hall to Paris'. I knocked two times before entering.

"Paris..."

"Yes?"

"Pack some clothes, you're spending the night with your mother and sister."

"Okay." I nodded my head as I watched her walk into her closet and then come back out with this 'Lakers' duffle bag. I clenched my jaw, but didn't say anything as I exited the room. I didn't even see when Lana gave her that shit. That's the sneak shit that I didn't like...

After my shower I decided to call Hermes and end this whole not speaking business. I know it's only been two days, but girls take that 'h' word to heart. I know she's still pissed with me. Although she has no reason to be. I mean if she's not a hoe, then she shouldn't be mad. It shouldn't even phase her to be honest. But once again, girls take every little thing to heart.

The phone rang two times before she picked up. I smirked a little bit at that; so maybe she's not still upset. "Baby..."

"What do you want, Chris? I don't even know why I picked up... wasn't you calling me a hoe enough degrading?"

"Baby, you know I didn't mean it... you just pissed me off and it slipped. I promise it will never happen again."

"It better not happen again. That really hurt my feelings, Chris."

"And I'm sorry. I just called to apologize because I couldn't take you ignoring me any longer. I have to go though, I'm dropping Paris off at her moms."