Chapter 14

-Alana-

I stood in the middle of the hallway looking out at nothing in particular. I don't know if there was a breeze in this hall or something, but my body suddenly felt cold. Something inside of me felt missing.

I continued to stare aimlessly down the hall until someone cleared their throat. Looking over my shoulder slowly, I came face to face with Cameron. I rolled my eyes on the inside before fully turning around to face him.

"Yes?"

"I saw that."

"Saw what, Cam?!" I didn't mean to raise my voice or give him attitude, but I was pissed off. Pissed off because Chris brought that bitch in my house, pissed off because he let the bitch touch my kids, and overall pissed off because he led me on and then left. Who the fuck does that?

"I saw you kiss him. And don't say that he kissed you because I saw you run into his arms." He licked his lips before leaning against the door frame. Folding my arms in front of me, I walked over to him.

"Can I go inside?"

"If you wanna be with him, you can. You left me for him before so you can do it again. I ain't tryna stop your happiness." I kissed my teeth before roughly pushing past him to enter the house. The girls were still in the living room and making a mess. I didn't even stop to see if they needed anything, I just carried my ass up the stairs and into my bedroom.

"Can you leave me alone, Cameron? I just want to lay down and close my eyes for a minute." I got no response, just heard his feet tapping away on the hardwood floor. About three minutes later the footsteps came to a halt and then the sound of a zipper filled my ear drums.

"Why are you packing a suitcase?" I was sitting up in bed now and rubbing my eyes as I watched him stuff basketball shorts after basketball shorts into his LV pulley.

"Cameron, where are you going?"

"I'm giving you your space. You confused right now so ima give you time to get you shit together. Just know that I won't wait too long. I've waited long enough." He still hasn't made eye contact with me once as he continued to pack clothes away. Shrugging, I fell back onto the bed then placed a pillow over my head.

I didn't need this shit.

-Chris-

"How bout we stay in and order pizza?" she looked up at me for a split second before pulling the covers over her bare body. Nodding, I silently agreed before yawning.

"I'm that good? Got you yawning and-"

"Why you so cocky though? What if I'm yawning cause I'm tired?" Her face fell and she mumbled a 'now you tired' before sitting up in bed. I followed lead and then tore the covers off her body just as she laid her head back on the headboard and closed her eyes. I chuckled at how loud she shrieked before throwing the covers back at her.

"You're so ugly when you laugh, stop it!" I had to laugh even longer because she was serious. After getting my final chuckles out, I got serious and pulled her body into mine before speaking.

"I'm apologizing for Alana's actions because knowing her, she's not gonna mumble a sorry to you. She's young and naive so I hope you didn't take her seriously back at the house." My bottom lip caved into my mouth as I watched her think.

"It's alright. I don't really fight so she's lucky cause-"

"Shut the fuck up." I chuckled while pushing her away from me. She grinned before positioning her body so that she was sitting on my lap. Luckily I slipped my boxers back on when we finished because there's no telling how hard I would of rammed into her if I was naked down there.