Chapter 17

-Chris-

"Why is she sitting there by herself? Doesn't she want to play with her girls?" I purposely ignored Hermes and walked over to where Paris was swinging without a care in the world. I heard Hermes smack her lips as I walked off, but I didn't care. So many thoughts were on my mind and I honestly didn't know which one I wanted to attack first. First, Paris hints to me that Lana is supposed to be flying out to L.A. in two days to go see that other guy. She didn't really hint it at me, she straight up told me. Then, she also told me that Caelyn is going to be staying with me while Lana is gone. I don't mind spending time with Cae, I really don't ; it's just the fact that Lana would really throw her daughter off to the side for some nigga... that's what got to me.

"Where Hermes going?" I kept eye contact with Paris for a few extra seconds before looking over my shoulder. I instantly spotted Hermes walking out of the swing set area of the park. Licking over my lips quickly, I kept my eyes on her descending body and followed her elevated stature all the way over to the sprinklers. Caelyn.

Was she really about to get wet? In those tights?

"She's going-"

"Oh sprinklers! I'm going over there!" She didn't even allow me to help her off the swing set. She dead ass leaped out of the seat and took off running in the direction of the million and one kids running around the sprinklers.

--

"Don't look at me if you're mad at me." I chuckled once she rolled her eyes and then looked over at Caelyn and Paris who were eating their ice cream. We were still in the park... Lana left about an hour ago but I'm not even sweating her. If she didn't want to chill with the girls, Hermes, and I; then that's her loss.

"I wasn't looking at you, I was looking at the tattoo on your chest. Dumbass." She mumbled the last part, but everything before that was said with authority. Frowning, I wiped my hands in my napkin from it's stickiness.

"Let me talk to you for a minute." I stood and then told Paris to 'stay right here and watch Caelyn' before taking Hermes' hand in mine and then pulling her over to the water fountain. There was this little girl getting water when we arrived, so I waited until she was finished before I began speaking to Hermes.

"Why you got an attitude right now? I know it's cause I deaded you by the swings but damn. Was it that serious for you to be acting out?" I licked my bottom lip as I watched the color in her face build up.

"Acting out?! Do I look like I'm Paris' or Caelyn's age? Don't fucking talk to me like I'm a little ass girl. Save that shit for your young ass baby moms." She rolled her eyes for the umpteenth time today. My face was now in both a mixture of 'SHOCK' and 'confusion'. Did she really just?

"Look, don't bring Alana into this. I'm talking-"

"I'll bring her into it if I want to, Chris. Shit was going so good until you had this mini talk with her. Then you come stomping over to the swing set pissed off and taking it out on me. When all I did was ask on simple question about your stupid ass baby moms."

"That's yo' word?" I couldn't stop my jaw from flexing the few times it did. Glaring at me, she shrugged before turning on the heels of her Gucci sandals and then strutting back over to the bench that the girls were occupying.

--

"You want me to drop you home or?"

"Drop me home. I don't want to be around you-"

"Alright. That's all you had to say." I quickly cut her off then turned up the music on the radio before she could go off on me. I honestly didn't want to argue with her in front of the girls. This is actually our first argument but shit was so high on the 'argue' meter that it felt like our fiftieth.

"I can't believe you would try to defend that hoe when she's the-"

"Alright but shut the fuck up." Both Caelyn and Paris met my eyes in the rear view mirror after that loud outburst. Sighing, I brought my eyes back to the road and tried not to look over at her as I pulled up behind the 'Toys R Us' truck in front of me. "Hermes, please don't start just-"

"No, Chris I'm going to start. As I was saying, I can't believe you would defend that HOE when-"

"My fucking kids are in the car I said don't start!" That one boomed throughout the car and had her, as well as the girls in the back who were speaking animatedly to each other, hushing up.

"Take me home, NOW."

-Alana-

"I'm not going into any more explanation, Cam. I can't come." He was honestly getting on my last nerve with this ongoing interrogation shit. He should know that I didn't like being questioned. When I gave you an answer you accept it. Don't snoop for more information that's none of your fucking business. Boyfriend or not.

"You're not even explaining to me why you can't come. What the fuck got you switching plans now? I was just about to buy the ticket." He huffed into the camera out of frustration while I only shrugged. He was one huff away from getting hit with the 'FaceTime call ended' notification.

"Well it's a good thing you didn't, huh?" He narrowed his eyes at me before biting into his bottom lip and then nodding. He looked really edible right now, but for some odd reason my body didn't want him. I want... him.

"You know what, Alana?"

"I really don't want to know, Cam. I'll talk to you when I talk to you. Later."

"Lana, don't you dare end-" my finger hitting the red phone icon ended the chat and his annoying orders. He needed to leave me alone for a while... I have a lot of shit on my mind and me going to LA was not about to solve any of my problems. Me flying out to see him would only complicate this complicated ass dilemma even more.