Chapter 20 ~Part 1~

-Chris-

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone while walking behind Hermes as she walked down the hall to the front door. To say that, that was the best 'goodbye sex' I have ever had would be an understatement. She put it down on me!

"Chris... Hi."

"Wassup? What you doing?" I could hear her shushing another female in the background but I couldn't tell whose voice it was. Alana didn't have many female friends. She didn't really have any female friends to be honest. My name guessing came to a halt when she snapped her fingers in my face.

"Even though things didn't work out between us... I would like for us to still be friends." She smiled this cute ass hopeful smile at me that had me pulling her into a one-armed hug. After kissing her forehead, I allowed her to exit the house and watched her all the way to her car before closing the door.

"Chris!"

"Hm? I'm listening." I lied as I kicked the door close with my leg. I trotted down the hall to the kitchen while I half-listened to her complain about me 'never listening'. It wasn't until I pulled out the bread when I remembered about the kids. Paris told me she was hungry before I sent her to her room, and Caelyn was still sleeping I believed.

"Hold on, Lana... PARIS!"

"Damn, Chris! Move the phone when-"

"Be quiet." I mumbled as I stuck my head in the fridge to locate the cold cuts. After pulling out the Honey Turkey, cheese, mayonnaise and lettuce; I proceeded to make me a sandwich. I didn't fuck with tomatoes so they got swerved.

"Paris must be sleep too." I spoke to myself as I washed my hands at the sink. Alana was speaking to the female in the background as I dried my hands in a paper towel. Forreal though, who is she talking to?

"Who there with you?"

"Why you want to know?"

"Cause you don't have any friends. So either you talking to yourself or..."

"Shut up. Jasmine and Gabriel are here, and if you must know... I choose not to have friends. Less drama."

"Yeah, okay." That one had her smacking her lips and putting me on hold to speak with Jasmine. I only removed the phone from my ear and put it on speaker before placing in on the counter top. As I was placing the third turkey meat on my sandwich, Caelyn came strolling into the kitchen with her thumb in her mouth.

"Daddy..."

"What's wrong? Why you look like that?" I asked with a frown upon my own face as I walked around the counter to stand in front of her. She wouldn't keep eye contact with me as she looked everywhere in the kitchen but my face. "Caelyn, what's wrong?" I knelt down until I was her height and took her face in my hands so that she would look at me.

"I didn't mean to do it. It was accident and I'm sorry." My eyebrows rose on their own as I tried to figure out what it is that she did. My ideas came up blank so I only shrugged at her, notifying her of my unawareness.

"I pee bed upstairs. I didn't mean to do it... I didn't even know that I had to pee until it was too late." I couldn't keep in the laugh that fled from my lips after she was done.

"You good, fat baby. I needed to change them sheets anyways." I tickled her sides so that she could smile; and when I got a laugh out of her I picked her up and carried her out of the kitchen. "You need a shower then. Then after I will make you a sandwich. How bout that?" She nodded as a response before kissing my cheek and apologizing again.

--

Friday

"Would you say that you're a family man, Mr.Brown?"