"Um, I guess you can say that. I love-"

"Why are you guessing yourself? Are you or are-"

"I am, damn."

"Chris." I huffed but still mumbled a 'sorry' to Lana before looking back at the Caucasian therapist who was waiting for me to continue where I left off.

"I am a family man. I'm all about living in one house and having my wife and kids around me. I love my family."

"So if you love your family so much, why are we here today?" I was beginning to regret choosing this therapist. We only been in here an hour and she was already coming at me like she knew me or some shit.

"Because I messed up a few months back. I did something that caused my wife to divorce me. I still call her my wife because the divorce won't be finalized until next month."

"Do you mind elaborating on what it is that-"

"Does he have to say it? Can you just move on to the next question?" I chuckled lowly at Lana's attitude emitting. I knew she couldn't remain chill for too long. This therapist was trying it and she didn't give a fuck because she was still getting her seventy dollars an hour.

"Very well... Mrs. Brown, is it?"

"Yes, it is."

"Would you say that this mistake that your husband made a few months ago affected the family? Has anything changed since you two began living in different homes and split the girls up?" Rolling my eyes, I smacked my lips loudly before turning to Paris and pulling out my phone. She had her iPod out so I might as well take my shit out too and distract myself while this therapist bitch kept assuming.

-Alana-

"Would you say that this mistake that your husband made a few months ago affected the family? Has anything changed since you two began living in different homes and split the girls up?" Ignoring Chris' rude behavior, I actually put thought into this lady's question.

"Honestly, what Chris did, did affect the family," I felt Chris shift in his seat beside me and then I felt his eyes on me. "His actions caused me to break the girls up because I couldn't handle sleeping in the same house with him, let alone the same bed. I won't expose what he did since the girls are here; but the choice he made really effed things up for us. Not only the family, but our marriage. I was happy in our marriage; we've only been married for a year but I was still very happy. I mean we had our arguments here and there but I still loved him. I still do love him. Am I going to forget what he did? Of course not. I've moved on from it though because I love him and I don't think I can ever stop loving him." I watched the therapist's poor hand speed across her paper as she struggled to get down everything I just said.

"O-okay. That was a lot, Mrs. Brown. A real lot. I don't think we need any further input from Mr. Brown. Onto the girls-"

"What? Nah, nah, nah let me put in what I have to say. How you just gonna skip over me like I'm not the one paying you? Nah I have somethings to say too." I couldn't help but groan out loud at how embarrassing and childish he looked. Nodding her head slowly, the therapist turned to a fresh page in her notebook before nodding for Chris to go on.

-Chris-

This therapist bitch would of thought she was going to skip over me and not let me put my seventy dollars worth of speaking in. I had shit to say too, I mean Lana got to preach a whole damn novel so why can't I get the same treatment? Fuck that, I'm speaking.

"Mr.Brown... whenever you're ready." I looked down at the 'Fruit Ninja' starting screen on my phone before turning it down and passing it to Caelyn. I watched her interact with the game for a few seconds before looking back at the waiting therapist. Lana had her head in her hands and was mumbling low words to her self like she was psycho or some shit.

"Okay everything that Alana just said is true, I won't lie. But I don't think that me cheat- I mean, me doing what I did caused the family to break up. I-"

"What do you mean-" Lana rudely cut me off, only to be cut off by the therapist next.

"Let him speak." I smirked at Lana once the therapist came to my rescue. She only rolled her eyes at me before resting her head back in her hands. "Continue, Mr.Brown."

"Like I was saying, I don't believe my actions caused the family to break up. If anything, after I came clean about my wrongs I tried to mend them. I suggested counseling, but nope; she didn't want to hear it. She wanted to run off with Caelyn and go play house with that guy she with now. She-"

"I never cheated, Chris! I may have-"

"Mrs.Brown, please."

"Whatever, let him tell you lies."

"I never said you cheated, Lana... although him showing up to stay with you as SOON as I messed up is kind of suspect. How one week after you move out you got another nigga- I mean you got another guy around my daughter and staying with you? I bet you let him sleep in the same bed with you too."

"One, I made him sleep on the couch. I won't lie and say that we never slept together; because we did... but it wasn't the same type of sleeping that you did with that slut. I-"

"Can you tell her to watch her mouth? The girls are right-"

"Mrs. Brown, can you please-"

"Fuck that, no. He's sitting here making me out to be some kind of hoe and I'm not gonna let him do that," she turned in her seat then to face me; face hard as ever. "I never slept with Cam, Chris. I mean I did, but it wasn't while we were together. The night that you fought him and he fucked you up, and I told you about the divorce... that's when I slept with him. I-"

"We were still married!"

"WE WERE STILL MARRIED WHEN YOU SLEPT WITH FAITH TOO BUT-"

"Uh, Faith?" The therapist cut in, causing us both to smack our lips at the same damn time.

"Who's Faith, Chris?" Alana asked with this sinister smirk on her face. Shrugging, I answered her question with no hesitations. She would of thought I was pussy.

"Faith is her bad ass cousin. That's who she is." The slap that I received to my face only pushed me to go on. "The same bad ass cousin that I wouldn't mind entering again. She might be easy but at least she know how to please a nigga. I'm not even lying, when I was in her I-"

"Mr.Brown."

"Shut up. When I was in her, you know how warm her shit was? It hugged me so fucking good. You don't-"

"Fuck you." Shrugging, I sit back in my seat and watched as she gathered up Caelyn then proceeded to walk out the room. Caelyn passed my phone to Paris, who then passed it to me. I watched them as they exited the room; Lana slamming it on her way out.

Turning back to face the therapist, she was shaking her head while scribbling onto her notepad. I only licked over my lips as I waited for her to give me eye contact. Paris was tugging at the hem of my shirt like crazy but I didn't have time to see what she wanted. I was too busy waiting for this lady to talk to me.

"Well... that didn't go well, did it?" Really? She had the nerve to smile right now? Clenching my jaw, I sent her my longest finger before grabbing Paris' hand and starting for the door.

"Collect your card at the front!"

Marriage Trials  {Sequal}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें