Goodness, Good Heart And Good news

Start from the beginning

It's no less than a shock to him that she knew, for it was something he'd overhead a long time ago between his mother and grandmother. Though, he didn't gave much thought to it since then. It's cruel that it true and the already broken girl got to know about a heartbroken reality.

"Do you want me to take you out? I can take you see Asad too. You might need some fresh air too. Anything, just name it." That's the furthest his thought can go. As for being good, they can talk about it later. If he knew she was going to be hurt, he wouldn't have advised her to go.

"I'm not a baby, beside I don't want to missed abbah's arrival."

"Okay, maybe next time."

"Assalamu alaikum!" Abbah's voice echoes across the living room and Noor was already on her toes and before she knew it, she's embracing her abbah tightly. Isma'il from behind them answered the salam, Noor couldn't due excitement. Aunty Jamila is there with them too.

Surprisingly, the three of them have chatted all evening, Noor's engagement to their talk was the surprising part of the evening.  They'll pray and come back but she still remain indulged, she even shared some stories with them. 

"I waited all day, abbah!" It's after Isha salah, they delayed dinner just so he could joined them. And there he's smiling from ear to ear, especially since heard their laughter from the outside.

"I missed you a lot too. I had to traveled to Lagos this morning." He said.

"Yes, you said that on the phone." The two get seated, while Isma'il excused them to catch up. They need to get ready for dinner anyways.

.......

"Abbah, she said she never wanted me." Noor said, when her abbah hand was already holding the door knob. He froze, how Nafisa did that to their child? He wanted to scream out loud for world to hear how heartless his daughter's mother is. True, Nafisa never wanted to have Noor at the beginning of her pregnant, it's high risk they told them she feared for her life.

But, she was okay with it, he even thought she was happy, since she went all crazy doing baby shopping back then. And with the Grace of Allah she had a smooth pregnant against the doctor's diagnosis. He thought she's content until she left her behind. In his at that moment, he too felt it was all a facade, Nafisa never loved the baby Noor to with. Though, when Inna Yelwa came to his aid at that trying moment, she told no mother hates her child, that she could pretend all she want but deep down she will do anything to keep that child safe. 

And all these years abbah never doubt what his aunt had told that night when he almost breaking down at his nadir, thinking he was too incompetent for his loved ones. Right from his mother, his sister whom he just let vanished into the face of the earth, his brother whom also died very wrongly, and Nafisa who didn't want anything to do with him.

He could still remember that weekend, it's just like any weekend returning back home to the family after a long week. And all a man will need after spending days making ends meet to give his family a comfortable life, is some love and appreciation, if not either, then having that warmth of being at home. But he got nothing other than the wailing of baby Noor. The two month old baby sounded so exhausted to him and to his surprise, Nafisa wasn't doing a thing to calm her down.

"Oh dear, why is she crying so much?" He'd asked sadly picking the back out of her crib to shoulder were he had rocked her to sleep. Of course, Nafisa didn't reply to his question, she was busy packing. And even then he had no idea what's going on. "Is your cousin's wedding not next month?" He'd asked confused to why she's packing her clothes and Noor's.

"I'm not going for wedding, Adam. You're divorcing me right now!" She said, going around the room and picking things.

"Am I?" He's confused, until his brain registered the word divorce. "Wait, what is that?" He'd snapped almost waking the baby.