Chapter 71

~AV'S P.O.V.~

"Mr. Silvio we don't want to hurt you" I state pointing the gun to him as he does the same,a few workers at my side-with his minnions at his.

"hard to believe when there's a gun aiming my direction,princessa" he smiles but it only hides mischief behind it.

"well I do have to keep myself safe as well-your ends don't look promising if I might add."

He chuckles.

"What may I call you,Detective?"

"Kiona" I look at him. This was the name I was given when doing undercover duties.

"Kia"-"so here's the thing... why don't you move along like you never saw this, and let me be on my way" he shrugs.

"and you must be crazy if you think I'm just going to let you cross the border with drugs and two human mules" I answer.

"I find its an easy trade so that no-one will get hurt" .
I raise my eyebrow.

"so that no-one will get hurt you say- are you trying to clear your conscious on how many people you've hurt already?"

"detective, that was in my past-- and I can assure you,you'd of met those people when you go to lock them up,I just made life easier for you"

"well I don't do easy"

He laughs biting his lip "you know you sound just like my bestfriend"

"I don't even know if to take that as a complement or not"

"you should take it as a complement, its only rear to meet someone whose a smart and impulsive individual"

"well thanks,but that doesn't get you off the hook" I chuckle lightly.

"you're bond to meet him one day" He states as they make a run for it firing their guns us doing the same as we hear a groin.

I walk up to see what was going on and there he layed. Helpless.

He looked at me, "perfect for Satyr" he chuckles.

"AVORY we should get out of here quickly" another detective state.

"but he'll die out" I plead.

"Avory they're coming we need to leave NOW."

I look at the man again as he smiles before I run off.

We enter the car as guns fire from nearly every direction.

.

"ba- Azvameth I swear I didn't know" I look at him as he bows his head.

This is probably the first time I've seen him this vulnerable.

I stand going to walk to him but like yesterday he steps back. "Avory, I-" he sighs.

"you don't want to see me again?"

"I just need a little space okay" He turns heading back to where he came from.

.

I walk around the place and a pool catches  my glance. I litter my clothes on the floor stepping into it. I take a few steps as the water reaches a little over my hip. I go in and let myself sink into it.