Chapter 21

"BITCH  I'M BACK"

*{WHAT DO YOU GUYS  THINK  OF THE ABOVE PICTURE?- leave your comments}

365 days since my life has returned to normal, since all that happened had been pushed in the past.
Memories of happy times, and the worst of times.

I sat on a chair opposite a few ladies bickering about some gossip about the daily news, my mind zoned out.

Flashbacks still playing in the back of my mind.

Tingle of his touch, an the scent of his breath.

The beauty of his eyes.

And the calmness in his tone.

A part of me hated that he left. Hated that he left, like nothing ever happened.

Another part hated myself for becoming so linked to him.

I simply wished I could move on as quickly as my mind wanted to- as it needed to. But he left with a piece of me. A piece he alone could fulfill.

"One two three... up-c-daisy" Shaks' voice happily chaired giggles of his bouncy baby girl, Ocean, followed.As he thrusted her up into the air and caught her back.

"Shak be careful" I mumbled, seeing that her head came a little to close to the ceiling.

"sometimes i tend to forget not to throw her so high", he placed a kiss on her forehead before sitting near me.

humming to his statement, he placed a kiss on mines.

Shak and I have had our shares of ups and downs in our marriage,and we decided, well i decided to keep a hold on it.

"are you okay?" he asked, as he gazed at me.

That question was one I wasn't sure how to answer. It had been over a year since everything. And even though I had seemed to put everything behind me.
I just wasn't able to put him behind me.

"yeah, i'm okay", i lied as a burn of my heart came out of the blues.

"what are you going to do after work?"

Graduating out of school took the best turn for me, I could actually say that was the best time of my life. Surprisingly Shak supported my decision of school.
He even understood why I hid it so long from him.

"I may or may not meet up with the girls" I smiled at him.

"why don't I take you out tonight?" he placed Ocean on the floor.

My mind cringed as it thought 'would he even be able to pay for the food this time, I mean he is trying his best, but do I really want to?'
Looking at his pleading eyes, my heart not being able to tell him no.

"we can after my meet up with the girls, yeah?" We both nod at each other.

"I'm gonna drop Ocean at her mothers, see you at 8?", he asked placing a peck on my lips before walking out.

Now, it wasn't that I didn't trust Shak when it came to his baby mother, or any woman in general. It was that I didn't trust him as much as I use to.
Even after him cheating, I came to the realization that it wasn't only his fault, but also mines.

There were some things I couldn't give him, that she could've. And me not being able to fill that gap, caused her to slip in easily.

I sighed to myself as the ringing of my phone interrupted my busy mind.

'No caller ID?' I though looking at my phone 'that's odd'.

Swiping my phone to answer, placing it a little away from my ear.