I took a slow step forward, sitting on the end of her bed. She watched me closely, keeping herself tightly scrunched into a ball.

"Well, to start off, I am Alastor..." I placed my hand to my chest, "and you are in a hotel, dear," I explained.

"Why did you kidnap me?" she snapped, "what do you want? I don't have anything..." she said, and I felt the guilt getting heavier by the minute.

I shook my head.

"I didn't kidnap you, dear..." I said with a soft chuckle, "I simply noticed that you were alone and scared, and I knew this place was open, so I brought you here," I said gently.

"I can't afford this place..." she responded, her tone still holding a sharp, almost challenging, edge to it.

"Free of charge," I said, and her eyes widened. They then quickly narrowed again, and she pointed at me.

"Y-you said my name, you knew my name...I don't know you," she said to me, sounding suspicious. I cursed that she remembered that, and chuckled nervously.

Hearing her say she doesn't know me...that's causing a different kind of pain.

Because deep, deep down...suppressed in her head...she knows me better than anyone.

"Don't worry about that, dear...I just want to help you," I said softly, and she shook her head.

"No, you're going to hurt me..." she said shakily, and my heart broke slightly. It broke even more when I realized I was going to hurt her before I knew it was her...

I sighed, and looked around.

"You made quite the mess...here let me fix it," I offered, and waved my hand. All the broken glass picked itself up, reforming back into the mirror it once was.

The pillow fluff disappeared and pillows reappeared back onto the bed, intact.

The rest of the room picked itself up, quickly becoming spotless and neat again.

"There," I smiled, and looked back to her. Her eyes were wide and her lips parted. She always did love my magic.

She blinked and glared at me again when she realized I was looking.

I inched closer to her, scooting over on the bed. She noticed this, but where she had hissed before she remained silent.

The little ears on top of her head were cute, and I wondered what kind of demon she was.

Taking in a deep breath, I caught her scent immediately. There was her scent...her specific scent. The one I recognized earlier...and then there was her demon scent.

I believe she is a fox.

Smiling softly at her, I patted the bed next to me.

"Would you like to join me? I'm sure it's much more comfortable up here," I offered her, but she shook her head.

"No..." she said, and I nodded.

"Ok...that's ok, dear...are you hungry at all?" I asked her, and she hesitated. Her body wasn't as tightly scrunched anymore, and she was just sitting in the corner.

Her hand went over her stomach, and that was enough of an answer for me.

Waving my hand, a bowl appeared. It was filled with jambalaya...mother's recipe. This is her favorite.

Slowly I got up from the bed, and I walked over to her. She watched me, keeping her eyes on me the entire time.

I got to be about two feet away from her, and knelt down. I placed the bowl on the floor, sliding it towards her.