Kougyoku's eyes went wide. She wasn't particularly fond of Kiyo and had warned her before but, in this Palace, she was the only person from the same Empire as her and was her sole connection to the Imperial Family.

"I-I apologize on Kiyo's behalf!" Kougyoku stepped in before her and Tomoyo, raising her arms out to the side. "So please spare her!"

Kougyoku shut her eyes closed.

"Spare?"

Sensing Tomoyo lowering her umbrella, she opened her eyes with a relieved expression but, her face immediately paled with fear as her heart plummeted down to her stomach.

"It seems that you truly are just as dumb as before," Tomoyo smirked, her eyes glowing golden as Kougyoku broke out into a chilling sweat. "Before pointing out the mistake that your servant had made, I should first point out yours."

"What?"

"It seems the Royal Concubine was not well-versed in the manners and etiquette of the Kingdom of Sindria," Tomoyo mocked her. "I may be Her Royal Majesty the Queen's Lady-in-Waiting who had thrown away her identity as the First Princess of the Kina Kingdom but," she narrowed her eyes, "we retainers hold a status greater than any noble and even the Generals of this Kingdom. In fact, in certain situations, we hold even the same status as the King himself."

A booming silence fell as Kougyoku recalled the one thing she had forgotten in the state of panic.

Never disrespect the Queen's retainers.

"The power and right we hold were granted by the King himself. The only one who is above us is Her Royal Majesty the Queen," Tomoyo said. "So tell me," she looked Kougyoku in the eye, "when did a mere concubine have the right to stand as an equal to one of the Queen's retainers and when did a mere concubine have the right to challenge our decision?"

She couldn't fight back. There was nothing she could say to fight back. "I-I..."

Her knees gave out as she quickly collapsed to the ground on her knees, trembling in fear as she gazed at the ground.

"Hmph," Tomoyo turned away from her. "I can only imagine how disappointed Vinea must be to be under the servitude of such a mistress."

With no response from Kougyoku's metal vessel, Tomoyo looked at Vinea in pity.

"You saw talent but, though humans are susceptible to change, only a rare percentage ever do," she said, her words directed at Vinea who had been residing since in the metal vessel, no longer being called upon ever since she married over to Sindria. "Now then," she turned to Kiyo whose tears were streaming down her face, "isn't it about time you stopped hiding and show yourself? King Sinbad?"

Tomoyo turned around and Kougyoku perked up.

Sinbad walked over, his hair in a low ponytail in the front as it flowed to the side, the light cape on his shoulder billowing in the breeze. Before Kougyoku could call out to him out of habit, she pursed her lips and shut her mouth as she saw his cold, amber gaze which spoke nothing but indifference for her.

"Sinbad-sama..."

Upon closer inspection of his expression, Kougyoku could see that it wasn't complete indifference. There was anger. Deep anger.

"Since you've been standing there for a while, I'm sure you've heard it all already, haven't you?"

Sinbad's expression was dark as he stared down at Kiyo. "Word for word."

Kiyo trembled as Sinbad bent down, his eyes meeting hers.

"Why don't you repeat it out loud for me and everyone to hear?" Sinbad asked, noticing the small crowd of servants and guards that had gathered as they prepared to switch out for duty. "What you dared to call my Queen."