Chapter 13: Brave

I awoke to loud knocking on Severus's door. He quickly rolled out of bed, throwing on some clothing before answering the door.

"Minerva?" I heard him ask in his deep, morning voice.

"Severus, I'm sorry to bother you, but have you seen Y/n? She's not in her chambers and I need to speak with her, urgently."

There was an awkward silence before Minerva spoke up.

"Wait a minute... Is she here, Severus?" Minerva squealed, excitedly. "Did you two..."

"Minerva..."

I quickly rolled out of bed, throwing on the clothes that were discarded around the room and went to the door, figuring I would save Severus from this awkward encounter.

"Y/n! There you are! You had me worried! I need you to come with me. I'll explain everything on the way."

"Oh... uhm... alright." I turned to Severus and he pulled me into a hug. "We'll talk later, Sev... promise."

"I look forward to it, darling." He closed his door as Mienrva and I made our way down the corridor.

"Minerva, what's going on?"

"Well, apparently a lot is going with you, young lady! How could you not tell me you and Severus were together!?"

"Because we weren't... It just sort of... happened last night. Neither of us were expecting it."

She squealed with delight as we turned a corner. I realized we were heading for the hospital wing.

"Minerva, why are we going to the hospital wing?"

"Something happened last night... It appears Harry went to look for the Sorcerer's Stone. He knew someone was after it and he went to protect it... You-know-who was there and he... well he attacked Harry."

"What!?"

"He's alright... Albus is with him now. The boy was able to defeat you-know-who..."

"But, Minerva... he's eleven..."

"He's a strong child."

"Wait," I paused in the corridor. "Does this mean he is gone for good?"

"I'm afraid not... but it does give us hope that Harry will be able to defeat him when the time comes."

I nodded and continued walking. We reached the hospital wing and I saw Albus sitting beside Harry.

"Harry!" I exclaimed, making my way toward him.

"Y/n!"

I pulled him into a hug, kissing the top of his head.

"Oh, my dear boy! You were so brave! Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm alright... just a bit tired."

"Well, that's to be expected when you take on T-..." I trailed off, realizing everyone called him you-know-who these days. "You-know-who," I finished.

Harry and I talked for about 20 minutes about the events in the Dungeons before Madam Pomfrey came in, requesting we all leave so Harry could rest. We said our goodbyes and I stepped out into the corridor.

"Okay, I want to know everything!" Minerva squealed. "Okay, well... not everything, but most everything!"

"What's she talking about?" Albus asked, looking at me, curiously.

"Now, you've done it, Minerva."

"What's going on?" Albus asked.

"Severus and I... might've slept together last night."

"What!?" Albus squealed. "Walk with me! We need to have a girl's chat," Albus squealed with delight.

"I should really talk to Severus... we didn't get a chance to talk about what it meant... it just sort of happened and then I woke up this morning to Minerva telling me about Harry."

"Ah! Yes, yes! Go talk to Severus and then come tell us everything!" Albus squealed, pushing me in the direction of Severus's chambers. I chuckled to myself as I made my way toward his chambers. When I reached the door, I knocked softly and the door swung open, revealing a very concerned Severus.

"Y/n! There you are! I was worried! Come in, love. Is everything alright?" he asked as he pulled me against his body.

"Harry got attacked by Voldemort last night and he's in the hospital wing, resting. He's okay, but... I was worried about him, as was Minerva. That's why she was looking for me."

Severus flinched as I said 'Voldemort' but he quickly regained his composure before speaking.

"I'm glad he was alright."

I smiled at his words, as his hand traced smooth circles into my back.

"We should probably... talk about last night," Severus said, pulling away slightly as his hands rested on my waist.

"Yeah," I chuckled.

"Well... uhm... Was that just a one night thing?"

"I hope not," I replied.

He looked up, quickly, his eyes locking with mine.

"So, uhm... would you like to go out with me?"

"Is the Severus Snape asking me out? The Dungeon Bat Severus Snape?"

"Quiet, you little minx," he chuckled. "So... is that a yes?"

"That's a hell yes," I replied, cupping his cheek with my hand. "Did you really think I would say no?"

"Honestly... yeah, I did. I thought you only saw me as a friend. I mean, yeah we joked around about being together but I never thought you would actually want to be with me."

"Aw, love... I've liked you since our Hogwarts years... I just couldn't bring myself to admit it."

"As have I, my darling. I was just too afraid you didn't like me back," he replied, pecking my forehead. "You know... we've got some time before the students leave tomorrow... we could skip dinner in the Great Hall and have some fun." He smirked, looking down at me as he gently tugged on my shirt.

"Someone's eager."

"Watch it, young lady."

"Make me," I replied.

Cringy fluff chapter for you