Chapter 7: Password

I was sitting in the Great Hall a few weeks later when Quirrell entered, screaming.

"Troll in the dungeons! Thought you ought to know..." He collapsed to the ground as the students started screaming. Dumbledore ordered the students back to their houses as the teachers left the hall, though I couldn't find Severus anywhere. Minerva and I were walking down the corridor, looking for the troll, when Quirrell came around the corner, followed closely by Severus. Relief flooded through me and I jumped into his arms.

"Dammit! You scared the hell out of me!" I yelled as his arms wrapped around my waist.

"So I guess this means you're talking to me now?" he asked as he buried his face in my hair.

"Shut up. I'm still pissed at you. I'm just glad you're not dead. Don't get it twisted," I replied as I pulled away. At that moment we heard screaming from down the corridor and we ran toward the sound.

We entered the girl's bathroom, seeing Harry and Ron looking horrified, a troll lying on the ground, and a terrified Hermione.

"Oh my goodness! Explain yourselves, both of you!" Minerva exclaimed. Harry and Ron spoke up but Hermione quickly interrupted them.

"It's my fault, Professor."

"Miss Granger?"

"I went looking for the troll. I'd read about them and thought I could handle it but I was wrong. If Harry and Ron hadn't come and found me... I'd probably be dead."

Severus watched me curiously as Hermione took the blame. Mcgonagall took five points due to Hermione's behavior, but awarded five points each to Harry and Ron. I was proud of them for their bravery and ability to stop the troll. We left the girl's bathroom and Severus followed behind me.

"Y/n, wait!" he called after me but I kept walking. I felt his fingers wrap around my wrist as he pulled me into a nook in the corridor.

"Y/n, please... Can we talk?"

"There's nothing to talk about, Severus. You said what you said and now you have to live with it. I can't keep doing this. You say things and then try to take them back... you can only do that so many times before a person gives up."

"Y/n... please. I'm truly sorry. I never should've said that."

"Severus... I lost my Godson and the man I love all in the same night... You bringing up the fact that I wasn't there for him... how do you think that makes me feel?"

"I'm sorry, darling. I know how hard that was for you... I never meant to say it... I promise... please, Y/n..." He lifted his hand up to my face, his thumb soothing the skin on my cheek as he rubbed it back and forth. I felt myself melting under his touch so I quickly pulled away.

"I can't do this, Severus," I said, walking away from him as I felt the tears slipping from my eyes.

...

"GET OUT! OUT!" I heard Severus shouting from the staffroom. Harry scurried down the hall, nearly bumping into me.

"Hey, are you alright, sweetheart?"

His eyes were filled with fear, though he calmed down when he realized it was me.

"S-Snape... he's... he's in there with Filch."

"Hey, you're alright... everything's okay. Head back to your common room and I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"

He nodded and quickly ran off toward the Gryffindor Common Room.

I walked toward the staff room and opened the door. I was met with the sight of Filch trying to secure a bandage on Severus's leg and failing miserably.

"Potter! What did I say?!" Severus yelled before his eyes locked on me. He quickly pulled his robes over his leg. "Y/n! I-I'm sorry... I didn't know it was you!"

I walked toward him, taking the gauze from Argus.

"I've got it from here, Argus, thank you," I said, smiling at him as he left.

"You don't have to do this, Y/n," Severus said as I began lifting his robes off of his leg. The bandage was loose and bleeding through the gauze.

"Sev... what did you do?"

"Sev?" He smiled. "I missed you calling me that." I couldn't help the small smile that spread across my face as he said this. He groaned as I pulled the bandage away from the wound. His hand gripped my arm, stopping my movements.

"I know, Sev... I know." I lifted my hand, smoothing the hair away from his face as his hand tightly gripped my arm.

I grabbed a vial from the medical kit beside Severus and placed it to his lips, dumping the potion into his mouth for the pain. He slowly removed his hand, lifting it to my face as his pain subsided.

"I miss you."

I sighed, not knowing what to say. I allowed him to leave his hand on my face as I continued working on his leg, knowing he needed a sense of comfort right now. I stopped the bleeding and re-wrapped his leg as his hand played with my hair. His body became more relaxed as the potion worked its magic.

"Thanksss forrrr fixing mee upp, Y/n."

"Mhm," I replied, trying not to laugh at the way he was slurring his words.

"You'rree beauutifulll."

"Thanks, Sev." I secured the bandage in place and began pulling his robes over his leg but he stopped me.

"Baabby, what if we didn't fix my robbbesss. What if you took themmm off isnteaddd?"

I chuckled, shaking my head as I finished pulling his robes over his leg.

"I loovve youuu."

"Tell me that when you're sober," I chuckled, knowing the potion was making him act like this.

"I will tell youuu aaallll this when I'm sober, baby." His hand trailed along my arm, up to my shoulder, before reaching my cheek. He cupped it in his hand as he leaned forward.

"Woah, Sev. What're you doing?"

"Trying to kissss youuu."

"You're insane... and high. Come on, let's get you to bed." I lifted him, placing his arm over my shoulder as I walked out of the staffroom with him, heading to his chambers.

"Sev, you need to say your password."

He lifted his head, looking at the door leading to his chambers.

"Y/n."

"I'm here, Sev, but you need to say your password..." I was cut off as his door opened. I thought he was just saying my name but it hit me... my name is his password.