Chapter 17: Gossip

"I knew it!" a voice echoed through the corridor. We both instantly recognized the voice as Albus's. Severus huffed, pulling away, though he kept one hand wrapped around my waist.

"I knew it!" Albus exclaimed again.

"Can you keep your voice down or are you incapable of restraining yourself?" Severus replied, clearly annoyed that we had been interrupted. I looked down, noticing a cat sitting by Albus's feet. I chuckled, shaking my head, as Severus looked at me curiously.

"I should've known that you would be wandering around with Albus, looking for gossip, Professor Mcgonagall," I said. I watched as she transfigured herself back into a human, a small pout on her face.

"How did you know it was me?!"

"Who else sneaks around the corridors with Albus looking for gossip?" I replied as she laughed.

"So... what is the gossip, then? Are you two finally together?"

I chuckled, looking down, as my cheeks grew warm. I looked up at Severus and he nodded to me, letting me know it was okay to tell them.

"Yes, we are," I replied as Severus squeezed my waist, pulling me against him. I wrapped my arms around him, resting my head on his chest as he smiled down at me, placing a kiss on the top of my head. Minerva and Albus squealed in delight.

"Well, we didn't mean to interrupt... please continue," Albus said, clapping his hands.

Severus turned to me, cupping my face in his hand. He paused for a moment, looking at Albus.

"Uh... do you mind?" Severus asked gruffly, though he chuckled slightly as his eyes met mine.

"No, not at all. Please continue," Albus replied as Minerva giggled.

"Hmm," Severus chuckled. "I think they want a show, darling."

His chuckle sent butterflies through my stomach as one hand gripped my hip, holding me in place, the other still on my cheek, rubbing it softly.

"Yes, I think they do," I replied, wrapping my arms around his neck. He instantly pressed his lips to mine. I could hear Albus and Minerva clapping and whistling in the background but the only sensations I could focus on were Severus's hands on my body. One hand moved from my cheek to the back of my head, tangling in my hair, as the other moved up my back. His tongue pushed into my mouth, easily dominating me. My arms were still wrapped around his neck and I moved one hand into his hair tugging on it as he groaned in my mouth. He pulled away, leaving me breathless. He smirked, watching as my chest rose and fell.

"We'll leave you two alone," Minerva giggled, dragging Albus away. I laughed, snuggling into Severus's chest as he moved both hands down to my waist.

"I love you, Y/n."

"I love you too, Sev."

"So... We should probably go find Albus and Minerva and tell them we aren't telling people yet."

I nodded, realizing those two would probably blab about our relationship to anyone who would listen unless we told them not to. "So... that's what you want? To... not tell people about us?"

He had a worried expression as he began explaining. "J-just for now... Only because I don't want the students giving you a hard time, darling. That's all."

"So, it's not because you're embarrassed of me?" I chuckled, trying to break the tension.

"Absolutely not, little one. Now, come with me. Let's go find those two hoodlums before they go spreading all our secrets," Severus says, smirking down at me.

"Yikes, don't let Minerva hear you call her a hoodlum. She'll ground us all."

"She doesn't scare me," he replies, giving me a small smirk.

"Oh, really?" Minerva says as she comes around the corner with Albus following closely behind her.