Exactly where she's supposed to be

[ Narrator ]

Moving was one of the worst things that could happen to Trevor.

He had a girlfriend whom he loved more than anything else in the world. He spent all the time he could with her, loving every second of it.

But now he was hours from her and he couldn't get a single bar to finish their conversation.

Y/n was sitting in her bed, staring at her phone. He was taking quite a long time...

She sighed and turned her phone off. Maybe he's just busy right now...

Both teens were terrified that long distance wouldn't work. But they loved each other enough to try.

"No! Mom! Where is the fucking reception in this town!" Trevor slammed his hand against the dash as Y/n went offline.

"Trevor, language."

He rolled his eyes and looked out the window.

He would do anything to make this work...

.  .  .

"This place is a fucking shit hole... And I miss you. A lot." Trevor ran his finger over Y/n's cheek on the screen. He wanted to really feel her again.

He missed her cuddles already.

"I'm sorry baby. I want to be there with you so bad. You know I miss you too."

Trevor sighed and looked down. He didn't want to cry in front of her but he didn't want to hang up. Y/n knew Trevor well enough though to know something was wrong.

"Trev... Hey."

He shook his head and started wiping his eyes.

"Trevor, baby... I know this sucks but... We can make it work. And I'll come out to visit you as soon as I can. I swear."

"Swear?" He whispered, holding up his pinky.

Y/n grinned and nodded, tapping her camera with her pinky. "Swear."

.  .  .

Trevor and Y/n FaceTimed for six or more hours every single day. He was really hopeful that this might actually work.

Y/n was busy today though so Trevor decided to go out with a couple other friends he had made.

Little did he know, by 'busy' Y/n meant she was flying down to see them.

"Oh! Y/n! Trevor isn't here right now but if you want to go wait in his room..? It's good to see you, sweetie."

She smiled and nodded. Ms. Spengler led her upstairs and into Trevor's room. "I'm sure he'll be home soon."

Y/n sat down on his bed as his mom walked away, looking around at what he'd done with it so far. Not much. There were a couple pictures of her scattered around and some of his favorite car models but other than that, the room was bare.

.  .  .

"Yeah and it was like holy shit-"

Y/n smiled and stood up, she had waited hours for Trevor.

The door opened and Y/n's face dropped. Trevor was with another girl.

He turned and his eyes widened. "Y/n!" He ran over and picked her up, falling back onto his bed. Y/n smiled and laughed as he kissed her face.

Yeah, that other girl is definitely just a friend.

"Well... I'll see you at work tomorrow then." The girl spoke up.

Trevor gave a distracted hum and she left.

"I missed you." He sighed rolling over so she was below him.

"A job?" Y/n raised her brows at him.

Trevor shrugged and kissed her neck.

"God I missed you. I'm never letting you leave my arms again." He whispered.

Y/n smiled and nodded, happy with that idea. "That sounds really nice." She beamed.

Trevor sighed and held her cheeks as he admired her face.

"God... Y/n..." Trevor pressed his forehead against hers and Y/n closed her eyes.

She knew in a few days she's he bawling her eyes out on a plane, never wanting to leave his side again... But for now, this was exactly where she was supposed to be.