Divorce Papers

[ Y/n ]

Finn smoked another cigarette to keep himself awake so he could finish working on how he wanted this scene to go.

He didn't smoke until he became a director.

"Baby?"

Finn hummed and continued making sketches and notes in the script. "Do you wanna go to our room?" I asked quietly.

He hummed and continued working. "You can go. I'm not finished."

I waited for a moment before turning and walking to our room. He's so occupied with work all the time... I even got divorce papers. I still love him so fucking much though. I haven't shown him them yet because I'm not sure that's really what I want...

It's been four months since we had sex. Four. Everyone expects us to have kids already but I can't even get him in bed at night.

[ Finn ]

"Fucking... Shit." I realized I was out of cigs and rubbed my forehead. Y/n probably has some. She's always taking them and hiding them in her office so I'll stop. I'm not addicted though. They just keep me awake. I got up and went into her office to search.

I opened drawers to figure out which had them but found something else. I rubbed my eyes and turned the lamp on to be sure.

Divorce?

She wants to divorce me?

Why?!

I was so angry I wanted to break shit but then I realized that I could fix this. It's because I've been touch starving her. That's it. It's been so long since we fucked. I haven't really had time though with this project and my trip to Belgium last month and my tour... She wants to divorce because she's touch starved?

I walked upstairs and opened the door. Y/n looked over at me from the tv and then back at the clock. "It's still early for you. Do you need something?" She asked. I was having so many mixed emotions. I love her so much. Look at her! I fucked up so bad.

[ Narrator ]

Finn walked over and kissed Y/n. She kissed him back, wrapping her arms around his neck. Finn reached down and pulled Y/n's top off. She was actually embarrassed. He hasn't seen her naked in weeks... Finn looked at her with complete admiration and continued undressing her.

His emotions were still all over the place and he rubbed at his jeans to try and get it up. Y/n was soaked for him and Finn just needed to get it up.

But his emotions were getting the best of him. "Fuck!" Y/n jumped and Finn stood up.

The woman watched as her husband dropped his pants with his back turned to her and frantically jerked himself off. "Finn... It's fine. If you can't-"

"I can! I can." He interrupted. He tried harder, thinking about their wedding night and all the other wild nights they've had but nothing did it.

He was too distracted.

"Finn-"

"You want to divorce me?!"

Y/n froze and Finn continued standing with his back turned to her. Y/n put her shirt and underwear back on and Finn pulled his pants back up.

"Finn... It was just the papers I... I don't actually want that."

"But what made you get them in the first place?" He asked, turning to her. Y/n's heart broke at the tears dripping from his chin. "Finn it just doesn't feel like there's any love anymore. You never stop working and I'm left here all day... Alone. Even when you come home though we shower alone and eat alone and it's like you avoid me here!"

Finn shook his head and wiped his eyes. "I'm busy but that doesn't mean I don't love you. You're the reason I work so hard. I just want life to be easy for you."

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. Finn pinched the bridge of his nose and turned around. "Well?"

"Well what, Finn?"

"Well do you want a fucking divorce?!"

"Don't yell at me!"

"JUST ANSWER Y/N!"

"I- I DON'T KNOW!"

Finn covered his mouth to prevent himself from lashing out. He shook his head and left the room, slamming the door on the way out.

Y/n sighed and bit her lip. She didn't really know what to do but really just wanted to cry.

She got up and left the room, walking after Finn. "Finn?" She ran downstairs and looked around for Finn.

"Finn, come on." She noticed him in her office and walked in. "Finn-"

He set the pen down and looked up at her. "There."

He slid the papers over to her and Y/n stared at them. "Finn... Please calm down."

He dropped his head and Y/n's heart sank.

"I... Love you, Y/n. I can't do this without you. I'm sorry I haven't been here. I'm sorry I'm not what I promised to be. Please, let me make it up to you."

She nodded and her tears fell quickly.

"Ok, Finn. I love you too."

Finn hugged her and held her head carefully against his shoulder.

"I'm sorry for scaring you." He whispered guiltily.

Y/n nodded and held him tightly.

"I love you so much, Y/n."

She nodded again, kissing Finn's head.

"I love you more, Finn."