Mailman

Before we start this is a different chapter. It has a lot of visuals and is like... A trailer for something I wanna do... Idk, it's hard to explain. This chapter isn't long or very detailed but ugh just... just, yeah. There will be a follow up with a better explanation than this.

. . .

Imagine living in a world where you couldn't go outside at night because of a game... A game where players put on an electronic mask and killed other players in the real world. Where credits were exchanged to real currency when you log off.

A game where the more kills you have the more you're worth...

That's Mailman.

Released in 2100 the game took the world by storm. You go and get a custom helmet and player ID in shops that have since had to go into hiding. There are two versions, chicken and bounty hunter.

Chicken is just like the game you played as a kid. Truth or dare but the dares are lethal and there is no truth option. Your helmet locks onto your head until you complete the dare. You can only complete the dare and leave, attempt the dare and die, or you can have the helmet self destruct and blow your fucking brains out.

Bounty Hunter is what Finn and I stick to. The objective is to kill. We like to livestream. We're the kill leaders in the entire fucking country. People come from all over to try and kill us.

I looked over at Finn, who was making sure we had everything we needed. He looked back at me and picked up his helmet. "Ready?" I nodded and we leaned in, giving each other a kiss before putting the helmets on.

It was a familiar feeling and then a familiar sound.

"Please select the power button on the left side of your helmet to start your game."

I sighed as the game finally opened to the credits beforehand

I sighed as the game finally opened to the credits beforehand. I wish you could skip this shit.