Out of line

Short
Requested

[ Narrator ]

Miles sat in his room, blasting music into his ears. He was already in a bad mood. He had nightmares all night long and Kate's existence annoys him as it is. Plus, Y/n wasn't giving him enough attention. He plucked the strings of his bass and stared at the ceiling.

Y/n was with Flora in the living room, playing tag with her. "Tag! Tag! Tag!" Flora giggled, tagging Y/n back and forth. Y/n suddenly broke the cycle and turned. She hadn't noticed Kate and slammed right into her. Kate fell and spilt tea all over herself. "Fuck! Y/n! God!" Y/n stood up and stared at Kate in shock. She was sensitive and no one ever spoke to her like that.

"Can you watch yourself? That's the third time you've run into me this week. It's not funny, okay! Look at this huge mess you made that I have to clean up!"

Y/n felt herself tear up and ran out of the room. Flora stared at Kate as she picked up the glasses. "Y/n is sensitive, y'know." She said. "I don't care. She needs to be more aware of herself." Kate retorted. "Well, you should care. Y/n is always nice to you. She doesn't even help Miles with any of his pranks." Flora walked away, leaving Kate alone in the room. She knew Y/n would be with Miles so she went straight to her room to entertain herself.

The door burst open and Miles sat up. Y/n shut the door and Miles pushed his headphones off. They stared at each other for a moment before Y/n ran and jumped into his lap. The impact knocked Miles back onto the floor. "Shit! Kate was right! I'm a total fucking clutz!" Y/n cried as she got off Miles. "I make a huge mess of everything I touch..." She whined.

Miles sat up and kissed her face to cheer her up. "What happened?" He asked, holding her hand. "Flora and I were playing and I bumped into Kate and knocked her over and she started yelling at me about how I'm always bumping into her and how it's annoying for her!"

Miles clenched his jaw and stared at Y/n. She didn't have her happy aura anymore... "Don't worry, princess. I'll go make it right." He kissed her face a few more times before leaving the room.

Kate sighed as the doors opened and slammed shut. She knew who it was. "Ms. Grose-"

"Wrong, stupid bitch."

"Excuse me?" She turned around and Miles threw a book at her. She flinched and just barely dodged it. "What are you doing?!" She shouted.

"You are so out of line it's funny, Kate. You work for me. Remember? Listen, Y/n is crying because of you. No one is allowed to make her cry. I thought I told you that once before you dumb fucking waste of space. I mean, she's on a whole different level than you. You're worth... Nothing! Y/n is worth so fucking much... There's no words to describe her worth. Don't make a mistake, Kate. Y/n is better than you. She's your superior. So you're going to get down on hands and knees for her until the day you fucking die."

"I don't like the way you're talking to me."

"And I don't like the back talk, you fucking cunt."

Kate stared at Miles and he walked closer to her. "You're filthy. Don't ever make Y/n cry again or I will fucking cut your throat while you sleep and make it look like a suicide."

Kate gulped and Miles turned around. "Now clean up this mess." He mumbled as he left the room to go cheer Y/n up.