Did someone say Cedar Point?

Leokadia

After Rafe's birthday, school was ending, but before senior skip day approached, along with Prom and Graduation. Mr. Gray warned the seniors not to skip. We didn't listen, and he didn't press the issue. I love Mr. Gray as a principal.

Everyone went to Cedar Point, except for Marty because he wasn't a senior. I rode with Val, Pat, and Romeo while the girls drove separately. Casper rode with Liam, Jordin, and Odin.

It took two hours, but we arrived and entered the park. Val and I hit the rollercoasters while everyone else split up. We rode every coaster in the park.

After a while, we took a break and grabbed a bite to eat. I sat down at the picnic table and bit into my coney dog. Val sat across from me and ate his burger. Someone placed a cupcake in front of me. I glanced at the brothers and my friends grinning like fools.

I swallowed my food. "What?"

"You tried to keep your birthday from us, you naughty girl," Romeo said.

I stared at everyone as they smiled. Then I got up from my seat and walked away, leaving them confused.

******
Valentine

"What just happened?" Pat asked.

I got up, hunted for Kadia, and found her leaning against a railing. I placed my palms on the fence. "Is there a reason that you're unhappy?"

Kadia didn't look at me.

I leaned into her face. "Kadia?"

Kadia faced me. "My mom left me in the store on my birthday."

I furrowed my brows. "What?"

Kadia turned her body and faced me. "That's why my mom took me to buy a dress. She said it was for my birthday." Kadia turned away from me and stared ahead. "I didn't care about a dress."

I turned Kadia to face me as tears dripped down her cheeks. "I can't change the past, but I can change your future."

Kadia stared at me.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out a ring as Kadia's jaw slacked. I held the ring between my thumb and pointer finger. "I promise to love you and protect you. I promise to dry your tears and replace them with a smile. I promise never to make you wear a dress."

Kadia snickered.

My lips curved upward. "But I promise that no matter what, nothing will break us."

Kadia wrapped her arms around my midsection and hugged me. I rubbed her back and kissed the top of her head. She pulled back as I slid the promise ring onto her finger.

"You didn't have to buy me a ring," Kadia said.

"No, but I wanted to buy you one."

Kadia smiled as I leaned in and kissed her.

"Hey!" Someone said.

We broke from our kiss and saw my brothers and the girls standing there.

"Are we celebrating a birthday or what?" Romeo asked.

"Yeah, because if I must celebrate a birthday, then so do you," Rafe told Kadia.

I chuckled.

"Do you know what we had to do to protect your cupcake from Sage?" Pat pointed at Sage.

"It's not my fault if people leave delicious food unattended," Sage said.

Kadia blew air past her lips. "Fine." She rolled her eyes, walked over to Pat, and took the cupcake from him. "I'll take that, thank you."