First day of craziness

Leokadia

The first day of school came with craziness. Tori made sure I had a backpack and school supplies, along with lunch money. I rode with Rafe and Marty, who picked up Casper on their way. Casper and I sat in the backseat while Rafe and Marty sat in the front seat.

"I heard Kayden dropped you on a doorstep," Casper said.

I stared at Casper.

"It's not the first time someone drops a kid on a doorstep."

"It's not Leokadia's fault your mom vanished like an invisible person," Rafe said.

"If Houdini was a female, that's your mom," Marty said.

"Oh, haha. Hey, Raphael, how are the other turtles doing? Did you find master Splinter," Casper said.

"I wouldn't know. Are you a friendly ghost?"

Marty snickered.

"Marty McFly, you shouldn't laugh. Doc Brown called. He wants his outdated Delorean back."

"I'm sure you made it disappeared as your birth parents did."

I sat in the backseat as Rafe, Marty, and Casper threw digs at each other. Most foster families ignore you. Mine did.

Rafe arrived at school, and we got out. "I'll show you to the office."

I followed Rafe to the office. He left me alone as I stood in the office.

"Can I help you?" A woman asked me.

"I need a schedule."

"Name?"

"Leokadia Kowalski."

The woman flipped through papers. "Ah, yes, you're our new student. Here you go." She handed me an article with a list of classes.

I took it and looked at the list, along with the locker number and combination. "Do you have a map?"

The woman pulled out a paper. "Here you go."

I took the paper as a guy came out from the back.

"I don't care who put a cherry bomb in the toilet. I'm calling your parents. Don't give me that look." The guy rolled his eyes and strolled over to the woman. "The kids get worse and worse every year. Call Owen Harper and tell him that his son put cherry bombs in the boy's toilet."

"Yes, Principal Gray."

The guy glanced at me. "Did you need help?"

"N-no." I pivoted on my heels and hurried to my locker. I wandered around the school as kids bumped into me. Then I found my locker. It took me a couple of tries until I opened the locker. I set my bag in it.

My door slammed shut.  I glanced at a girl.

"You're that girl I saw at Val's house."

"Yeah, so?"

"Val's mine."

"Oh, you're the bitch who screamed like a raging lunatic."

"Excuse you? Who the frick are you calling a bitch?"

"Well, you seem like you're in heat. You might want to get spayed. They say it helps with the urge to hump."

The girl stepped towards me. "Watch your back."

"Yo, hump and dump! Do I need to spray you down again?"

The girl scowled and turned to face Rafe, Marty, and Casper.