You look like hell

Raphael

The doctor removed my breathing tube, which sucked. My parents went to grab me something from the bakery. Have you ever eaten hospital food? It sucks.

I sat in the hospital bed with a broken nose and two black eyes. Someone knocked on my door, and I noticed Reese in the doorway.

Reese strode into my hospital room with her hands in her front jean pockets. "Well, you look like hell."

I shifted my eyes. "I'm not in the mood for jokes." I crossed my arms.

"Yeah, jokes are lame. Heaven forbid if you laugh."

I wouldn't look at Reese. My face throbbed.

Reese dragged a chair over to the side of the bed, sat down, and propped her feet on my bed.

I turned to face her. "What are you doing?"

"I'm getting comfy because hospital chairs suck ass. Plus, I figure you'll mope, and my ears will bleed from your whining."

"I don't whine."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"If you say so." Reese shrugged.

I turned my head and faced Reese as she smiled at me and moved her brows up and down. She placed her hands behind her head, interlocked her fingers, and leaned back in the chair.

"Why are you here?" I asked her.

"I thought you could use a friend besides your family."

"I have friends."

"Who?"

"Well, Leokadia."

"She doesn't count since she's like family."

I glowered at her.

"Relax, Harper. I bust everyone's chops." Reese rolled her eyes. "I got brothers who are a royal pain in the ass."

"That explains so much."

"Yeah, well, it comes in handy when people try to mess with you. So, what happened?"

"What do you mean?"

"I heard you became Mike Tyson but lost and smacked the floor."

"I was walking down the hallway, and a douche jumped me. We fought. Then the guy slammed my head into the tile floor. The next thing I knew, I woke up with a tube down my throat."

Reese sat forward. "You can thank Blair for what happened since she set you up."

I narrowed my eyes and clenched my jaw.

"Then Blair got a taste of my fist." Reese smiled.

"What?"

"Yeah, she deserved it." Reese rose from her seat. "Catch ya later, Harper." She strolled out of the hospital room.

What had happened?

******
Elias

Tori and I returned with breakfast from the bakery, and I handed it to Rafe. He took the bag from me and opened it.

I sat down in a chair. "How are you feeling?"

"Like a truck hit me." Rafe ate his muffin.

"You were lucky. The doctor said if they didn't pull that guy off you, he would have killed you."

Rafe glanced at Tori and me while eating.

"What happened?"

Rafe stopped eating and opened his mouth as Morgan arrived.