Eighty Seven: Another Family Holiday

Start from the beginning

Bill smiled and pressed a kiss to her cheek. "I love you. Let's get some sleep."

Isabelle nodded and felt his arms tighten around her, his face resting against her back until he fell asleep.

-----------

"Love?"

"What is it?" Bill mumbled against the pillow where his face was now buried hours later.

"Wake up, love," she said, running her hand through his hair.

"Why? What's wrong?" Bill asked, rolling over to look at her.

"Nothing's wrong," Isabelle smiled. "It's Christmas."

"Darling, it's still dark outside," he said with a small laugh.

"I know but she woke me up and I couldn't fall back asleep. I was hoping to spend some extra time with my husband this morning for Christmas," Isabelle said, her hand running down the side of his arm.

"I think I can work with that," he said as his soft smile turned into more of a grin, moving over her as she laid back and kissed her deeply.

Isabelle giggled against his lips, giving in and running a hand through his hair again for a moment before pulling away.

"You know this isn't what I meant," Isabelle said.

"At least I tried," Bill joked, making her laugh again as he moved off of her and she sat up against the pillows. "You know if you can't sleep you can always wake me up and I'll stay up with you."

"Thank you, darling," Isabelle smiled.

Bill leaned down so his face was at level with her bump, his hand resting against the side of her belly. "I thought I was the only one who got to keep your mum up for at least a few more weeks."

Isabelle rolled her eyes, making him laugh, too, before he pressed a kiss to her belly. "Merry Christmas, princess."

"So that's what you've decided as your nickname for her? Princess?" Isabelle asked.

Bill nodded with a new smile. "I think it'll suit her."

"I'm so excited to meet her and see you holding her," she said.

"I can hardly wait for that," Bill said. "Do you want to go downstairs? We can go and make some hot chocolate and cuddle by the fire."

"That sounds nice," Isabelle said, and Bill happily got out of bed to help her up and lead her downstairs.

"You just sit here and I'll be right back," Bill said after she was sitting on the sofa and he turned on the lights of the Christmas tree to give the living room a warm glow along with the fire.

Bill kissed her cheek and left to go into the kitchen. She waited a few minutes for him until he returned in front of her with two mugs in hand, giving one to her before moving the blanket on her lap to sit next to her and cover them both with it.

Isabelle took a sip of her hot chocolate as he pressed a kiss to her temple. "Merry Christmas, my love."

"Merry Christmas," Isabelle smiled, leaning against his side.

When their hot chocolate was gone and they had been sitting for a while, enjoying the quiet aside from the crackling sounds of the fire, Bill took her mug from her and set them both down on the table before standing to turn on the radio. Slow Christmas music began to play, softly enough to not wake up Ron, and he moved back over to her with a hand out.