The Librarian.

"Please Dean? Dad's passed out so he won't notice we're gone!?"

"Sammy, I said no! If he wakes up and we're not here then you know what's going to happen." Dean said, giving little sammy a small smile.

"But he's passed out and I won't be long! I need to get the book for school tomorrow!" Sam insisted. He tilted his head to the side giving his older brother the biggest puppy eyes ever.

"Fine, but no more than 5 minutes understood?" Dean sighed, he grabbed his jacket and quietly crept down the stais to the main door.

They got into the Impala and made their way to the local library. Not knowing that the sound of the Impala starting had woken up to sleeping John.

When they reached the library, Sam ran to the front door and scanned his belongings. "Remember 5 minutes thats it!" Dean screamed.

"Excuse me sir, I know that we're the only ones here but I'm required to ask you to lower your voice." A deep voice said from behind him. Dean turned around and saw the young boy standing behind the big desk.

His dark hair was sticking up in every direction possible. He was wearing a faded ACDC shirt and glasses. Dean smirked and smiled to the boy.

"Names Dean, Dean Winchester. You are?" Dean asked.

"I know, we go to the same school Dean, I'm Castiel." The librarian said

"Aren't you a little young to be working here? I thought only old people work at libraries?" Dean asked, smiling at his own knowledge.

"Well I have to pay rent somehow, this is better than working with rude people." Cas said, shrugging and taking a seat behind the desk.

"You have to pay rent? Don't your parents do that?" Dean asked, Cas visibly tensed at the question.

"I live alone, they kicked me out for being... umm different. My parents are very religious." Cas said.

"Oh.. I didn't know, sorry. I guess I can relate on having bad parents. My mom died when I was four and ever since then my dad beats the shit out of me and my little brother all the time." Dean said, why he was telling this to a complete stranger baffles him.

"I'm sorry Dean, no one deserves to be abused. If you ever need anywhere's to go." Cas stopped and pulled out a piece of paper and began to write on it.

"Just call me or come over, I wouldn't mind. Im here if you need me." Cas finished, he gave the paper to Dean giving him a small smile. Dean smiled and put the paper in his back pocket.

The two came into a small staring session, that is until a certain under sized moose came to the counter and placed a book on the Industrial Revolution (A/N: I almost failed History when I was in school. FYI, Quebec only teaches Quebec history, or atleast that's all my school taught!) onto the counter.

Cas quietly took the book and signed it out handing it back to the little boy.

"Thanks Cas, I'll see ya around? Here's my number in case you ever want to do something some time." Dean stated, a slight blush on his face.

"See you around Dean." Cas replied taking the small paper and placing it in his pocket.

The small boy looked in between the two boys and smiled. "Are you going to ask him out or not Dean?" Sam asked, looking at Dean with a slight grin.

"Oh Umm, I mean, I dunno, If he wants to." Dean said, rubbing his hand on the back of his neck.

"I would like to very much Dean." Cas said, a smile on his face surronded by a slight redness.