Chapter Twenty Four

Pretty please; COMMENT/VOTE/SHARE/FAN!

Hope you enjoy

Stay Stunning

† 'xo

Best Friends or Best Lovers

Chapter Twenty Four

Third person

Niall leapt out of the car as he spotted Lola, her toes curled over the edge of the cliff. "Lola, stop right there!" Niall shrieked, edging even closer to Lola. "I'm sorry Niall. It's too late.' The bottle of pills slipped out of her hands, splitting open as they made contact with the cold hard ground. "It's never too late, Lola. Please don't," Niall cried, worry clouding his thoughts. He was two metres away from her, maybe he could reach her before she'd fell.

"It's too late," She whispered, barely audible to Niall's hearing. Lola took one step backwards, her eyes fluttering closed as she threw herself off the cliff. Niall screamed as she fell down, begging and pleading for her to return. For this to be a nightmare which he would wake up from any second. He hoped and prayed that he would awake and find Lola lying serenely asleep beside him in the bed. He hoped and hoped, but it was no use. This was all really happening.

Niall's knees weakened beneath him and finally gave in, letting himself fall to the ground with a loud thud. She was gone, the girl he loved. Gone. It wasn't the friendly love either. It was true love that he had never felt before, deep down in his heart. He always did love Lola, yet he never had the guts to tell her. Now it was too late to say it to her, to tell her he loved her not just only as a best friend.

His eyes were glazed over with glossy tears as they became a dirty, washed out blue. His breath hitched in his throat as the paramedics rushed past him. Niall sat crouched down on his knees, staring aimlessly as the world rushed by, crying his eyes out over his precious Lola. Lola was gone.

Meanwhile, Harry was driving along the road, drunk out of his mind. Harry had done the most stupidest thing that he could ever have done, and decided that the only way to solve the problem was by drinking it all away. He had cheated on the love of his life, and she was gone. He had probably lost her forever, to his best mate Niall - he would never get her back. She would have fallen for Niall. How could she ever love a pathetic, drunken wreck like Harry?

Everything in Harry's surroundings was blurry. Why did he even think of drinking the amount of alcohol that he did, in the first place? He shook his head at the thought, bellowing as he did so. Why was he even thinking about that?! Still laughing, Harry picked up his phone and dialled Louis' number. "Hey Lou Louu!" He yelled through the phone as he heard Louis chuckle deeply.

"What's the matter, Haz? I thought you were with Lola!" Harry sighed. "Nah, she left me, mate," "She did WHAT? NIALL?" Louis yelled, Harry chuckled after hearing Louis fall over something. "Niall! Where the hell is he?" Louis questioned. Harry, disregarding any other people blowing their horns around him, drove straight through a red light.

"Lou, he got a text from Lola. He's out," Eleanor's clear voice replied simply. Harry closed his eyes tight. At the residence in which they all resided, Louis was bombarding Eleanor and Harry with questions. "What did the text say, El?" She shrugged and sat down beside him on the couch. "Haz, you still there?" Louis asked.

On the other side of the call, Harry was in complete silence. Louis simply thought Harry was upset. A sudden loud crash and scream proved otherwise. "Harry? Harry answer me!" Louis shrieked. A few moments later, the phone line went dead. Louis and Eleanor stared hopelessly at each other. Was Harry alright? "Louis, call the police right now. Babe I'm sure he'll be okay, but just call," Eleanor's voice rang through his ear. Louis followed orders and dialled 911.

At the same time, Harry lay unconscious on the ground beside his now overturned car. Sweat dripped of his forehead, mixing with the blood which poured out of the back of his head. All though he was unconscious, Harry could still feel his surroundings. No matter how agonising the pain was, the worst feeling was the fact that he wasn't with Lola. Even worse; he had no idea that she just had jumped off a cliff.

~

Niall was devastated. He was now sitting inside the hospital waiting room. It was an absolute miracle. Somehow, Lola had survived the fall. However, she had been taken into the ICU due the excessive amount of water in her lungs and the amount of pills she had swallowed before attempting to commit. He didn't realise that she was able to swim as she had fallen into the shallowest part of the sea. Lola tried to swim out in order to drown herself, but was unable to due to the lack of oxygen going to her brain. Soon enough, she became too tired and her body gave in.

Now as Niall rocked on his chair, he felt a sense of uneasiness in the room. All that could be heard were Eleanor's sobs, though the slightly muffled by Louis' now soaked t-shirt. Niall could understand how she felt, Eleanor being one of her best friends and all, but she couldn't have felt worse than he did at the moment.

Louis was still shocked; it was evident in his body language. His hands were tight-fisted, gripping hold of Eleanor's trembling ones. His eyes were brimmed with glossy tears, his blue-grey eyes now fully grey with devastation. His lips were pale and white as his teeth bit down on them as hard as he could. Louis was ultimately terrified of the outcome.

The last thing he wanted was two of his best friends dead, he didn't even knew if Harry was okay yet. How would he explain everything to Kiki? Zayn, Liam and Danielle didn't even know yet! How would he tell them? Right now there was no room for immaturity and silly behaviour, he was the oldest and had to take control. He had to be mature, and do the right thing here.

Eleanor.. Words could not describe how she felt. Although not as heartbroken as Niall, she felt as though the sharpest dagger had pierced through her heart several times and she had been left awake to feel the full wrath of the pain taking over her emotions and body. She eagerly wanted to say something but was too overwhelmed with distress to be able to form coherent string of words. Her body trembled violently as she curled inwards moulding her body with her boyfriend. She needed comfort - everybody did - but all they head was each other.

All they had each, were two trembling, distressed friends who could not even comfort themselves.