Chapter Fifty Five

~ Hannahs POV ~

After telling Twila the good news I hear a door slam. Everyone in the room becomes silent. Lisa takes Harper out of the room, knowing whats to come. Kellin disobeys Twila and stays exactly where he is.
"WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE OTHERS!?!?!?" Her fathers voice booms through the phone.
Twila clears her throat "They escaped and left me." She says simply.
Her father laughs "I told you that you were worthless. Nobody cares about you. Wheres that pretty boy boyfriend? Off fucking another slut?" He laughs again "I told you Twila, you're a worthless piece of shit that nobody can ever love."
"I know." Twila says simply.

I check the clock, the cops will be with her in 20 minutes.

Twilas father is silent for a moment. "Well...good...at least you listened to me." Then he loses his cool and loud bangs are heard "YOU LET THEM ESCAPE!!! YOU DIDNT STOP THEM!!! YOU STUPID BITCH!!! YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS!!!" He shouts. There's the sound of glass shattering. Kellin tenses up. Soon the room is filled with the sound of Twilas bloodcurdling screams.

~ Twilas POV ~

He loses it and starts hitting the walls with his fists. I knew this would happen. My father breaks a bottle on a table before stomping over to me and plunging the jagged remainders of the bottle in my legs and my stomach. I scream in pain. This is worse than I imagined. He's never got this mad before. He pulls out the glass shards from my legs and I begin to lose blood quickly. I grow light headed and as my father starts removing shards from my stomach, I hear sirens. Then everything goes black.

~ Kellins POV ~

I cant take it. I grab my jacket and Hannah, pulling her outside with me. She has exactly the same thought as we climb into my car and race to the church. Hannah still has the phone on her. Twila keeps screaming. I drive faster in within a few minutes I arrive. There are police cars and ambulances surrounding the church. Me and Hannah run out of my car towards the shed. I finally see Twilas father for the first time. He's handcuffed by a large man and the policewoman that helped me. I walk towards him and punch him square in the face. He gives me a shocked look, the cops laugh. "I love Twila. She's worth everything to me. Worthless scum like you dont deserve to breathe the same air as her." I spit in his face. The policewoman smiles at me and winks. I smile back at her.
She says "He deserved that, me and Garry wont tell anyone you did it!" She winks and kicks Twilas dad into the back of a cop car.
"KELLIN!!!" Hannah shouts. I turn around and see her get in an ambulance as somebody is loaded in on a stretcher. I run towards it and jump in the ambulance. Hannah sits beside me. Twila lies on the stretcher, her body covered in bruises, there are several shards of glass still lodged inside her.
"What happened?" I ask barely audibly, not taking my eyes off Twila.
"Her father broke a bottle and stabbed Twila in several places with the shards of glass." Hannahs voice broke off and she stifles a sob. I grip the ambulance seat. Im SO glad I punched that asshole. Twila in unconscious, due to blood loss I assume, and she's smiling slightly. Why? Nevermind, I'll ask her when she wakes up. She's safe now. Nobody is going to get her.