Chapter 38

Chapter 38

And so Bella Brooks finally went back home she had missed so much since she woke up.

She was right... the doctor told her that stress should be avoided now, plenty of rest and a healthy diet would be important. She soon had the biggest physical pain behind her now. But one big pain many did not see... was her mental pain.

She tried to avoid this very much like she did back then, but she knew there was no escape.

She heard everything from her family and friends about what happened to the football player. It turns out that since the case then apparently the FBI became aware of the boy and ever since then always had an eye on him.

The evidence was immediately invested and after that the Donavan house was searched. More pictures and footage that Miller and the Brooks had apparently overlooked at the time were found.

Well, they weren't the FBI so it didn't surprise her.

It was lucky enough that Bella found the camera back then.

To this day she wonders what would have happened if she hadn't found it. Would the green-eyed woman have had to suffer emotionally now?

Bella knew that the Olsen was strong, but certainly not for something like this.

Again back to the senior... so he is now apparently sitting in jail for a very long time for his deeds. This time the FBI made sure of that, because back then the boy was quickly out of the case when he paid off all those high-ranking people with money.

The last time the Brooks would see the boy would be at the trial for the two.

After that, that was it.

She would be free.

She would have to transfer to a new school again, but the main thing was that she had her green-eyed friend by her side.

Right now, everyone was on the Brooks' property.

There was a small barbecue party going on... there was Max, Lauren and the 4 classmates of hers who were just in the living room. You could hear their ongoing laughter through the open balcony door.

Luke was on the balcony with Cedric, who were preparing dinner. Turns out the two of them were certainly getting along very well. She thought it was great that her uncle finally had some male company in the house after the fact that his girls had fallen for two another women.

Ironic isn't it.

Oh and that conversation between the doctor and him turned out to be that the two are seeing each other now after the two got to know each other over the months in the hospital.

The green-eyed one didn't leave the brunette's side since they got back from the hospital with the fear that something could happen to her any second if she tried to carry something.