Chapter 29 Part 1

Chapter 29 Part 1

TW: blood

The streets were empty while the lantern lights were shining

Flashback - 2003 -

Cold.

I am cold and I can't bear to wake up this night again.

It's the beginning of the month and we still haven't heard from our parents if they can possibly pay the rent for the electricity and the heating.

Where were they last time.. Brazil.. France?

I don't know, I don't care... the main thing is that they pay so that we don't have to walk around the apartment with cold feet anymore.

I get out of my bed with my blanket around me to get something to drink.

Slowly I open the door so I don't wake Alex... he's been working more than he should for a while now and I'm glad when the boy comes home to take a nap.

Carefully I walked past his door which was slightly open.

Out of curiosity I looked in to see if not as always his blanket lay on the floor while sleeping.

But when I looked in, I saw that the bed was empty and it looked as if someone had not slept in there for a long time.

I walked out of the room again towards the living room.

The house wasn't big, so you quickly got from one room to another.

Arrived in the living room I saw how his laptop was on. A blanket was lying on the couch... it was Alex's, but there was no trace of the boy.

On the table was his school bag and lots of books and notebooks.

"Alex?" I now called through the house.

Nothing.

"Alex are you home?"

Silence.

Where could he be at this hour?

I looked around me to check for a clock.

At the other end of the room, I saw the microwave by the open kitchen.

1:56am

Continuing with the blanket clasped around me, I walked to the window which faced the street in the kitchen.

No car. He drove away.

Now more awake I rushed back to my room to get my cell phone.

No messages from Alex.

I immediately went to my contacts to call him.

No matter when he leaves he always lets me know.

No one answers.