Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Everything looked like it did back then.

The small area with the table where they all sat together back then.. the running fireplace.

And when she slowly walked to the other end of the room, the bed was there, too. She just stared.

Her hands clenched beside her.

She wanted to scream, throw things around and set this place on fire.

The sound of her phone snapped her out of her dim thoughts.

With a long sigh, she checked it.

Cedric

Nothing upstairs.

That's not good.

After that she now set off on the final search.

Many closets were filled with clothes, jewelry like watches or rings, or boxed shoes. Nothing special.

There was something she was overlooking, but she didn't know what it was. "Think like a psychopath Bella." she muttered to herself.

Her gaze strayed in the direction of the fireplace... to the walls.... towards the sofas. Suddenly something caught her eye.

The room had a wooden floor... but one piece of wood was sticking out more than the others under the one where Mason had been sitting back then.

Hectically she went to it and with pressure pushed it slightly to the side. Kneeling on the floor she tried to pull the piece of wood out of the floor with her fingers. After some jostling, she had it in her hands.

"Bingo."

There was a cloth in the small box covering something and when she carefully pulled it away she saw it.

The camera.. a goddamn camera.

She smiled wihle patting herself on the shoulder.

"Good job Brooks."

She was about to grab the camera, but the thought crossed her mind to put it in an empty shoebox with a cloth, so she wouldn't get fingerprints on it. She quickly ran to the bathroom to get some wipes and then to one of the closets.

"Soon it will be over Donavan."

Not only had she stowed the camera... there were several sd cards next to it as well. With the things put back, she now made her way back.

Another tone from her phone fell.

Cedric.

I'm coming down.

She put back the piece of wood and the couch to their places.

"He will be happy to see this." she muttered to herself before sprinting down the hall to the stairs. She really hoped Lizzie was still watching over the group, because it would be hard to explain where she had been for so long.