Chapter 22

Chapter 22

TW: mention of rape, mention of (knife) cuts/ scars?

All the Brooks needed at the moment was a tight... tight hug despite the pain.

Previously

"Liz is waiting for you upstairs.. she was already looking for you and it would be better we go before she finds you here."

He is right.

"And the best thing would be not to tell anyone about the situation for now."

I looked him in the eye when he said that, but I understood his intention behind it.

It wasn't a threat, it was an advice.

And I intended to follow it for now.

"Let's go," I said.

"Good." he opened the door before disappearing into the hallway.

With a last glance into the room, I closed the door behind me.

Present time

Night. A time which consisted for the brunette of rest. She had no responsibilities, no tasks, only herself and her nightly thoughts.

And that is how it was today... the few hours after the party.

Actually, she should be tired from the party from all the movement and alcohol, but it was the opposite.

She was lying in her bed with her eyes open. From the open window you could hear the light wind breezes which passed through the cold night of November.

Awake in her thoughts, she was also processing the last hours, trying to understand again if everything was not just a bad dream.

But the steady cuts on her skin under the hoodie were clear evidence of the opposite.

She also tried to ignore the pain an arm caused, which was clutching her belly.

Her green-eyed friend, who had been twisting her thoughts and feelings for weeks.

The girl for whom she felt huge feelings that she had never felt so much before.

The girl who probably brings her the biggest butterflies in her stomach just from eye contact or from physical touch.

With a glance at the sleeping girl, a slight smile formed on Bella's lips.

The broad moonlight shining from outside into the open window of the Brooks house gave her an image of the Olsen's face, of which Bella never had enough.