Chapter 31

Chapter 31

November 12, Thursday - The day of the football game.

Since the Brooks told the complete true story to her brother's old best friend and her unofficial girlfriend she felt... relieved?

It all happened more than a year ago and it was always an event that never left the brunette girl's mind.

Her brother had died.

She left out one part of the story though.

The part... where she fell into a depressive black hole the months after the event.

The part of her life where she felt guilty for her brother's death because she should have called someone sooner.

The part where she wished it had been her instead of her brother.

The part where her will to live wasn't there for several months and she probably never would have made it without the support of her two family members she moved in with.

But she made it. She wanted to make it. For her brother.

And now, for his love, she was sitting in his old car, which she had managed to get running after several weeks, with the box of tapes in her lap.

Why?

The older car had a cassette player.

And currently the brown-eyed one has been sitting in the car for hours going through all of them.

She listened to some of them twice, just to hear the creepy voice of the football player and that of her brother.

What Cedric said was true... it was recordings of conversations from various situations about the Brooks trying to get information out of Mason secretly.

Each tape had a different name... which meant that the name appeared at least a few times on that tape.

Cedric was right... her brother was smart.

And all this information could lead the young Brooks to decide to pack up that box and go straight to the police station with it.

The news would also be evidence, or the pictures she took in the bathroom that time after what happened to her.

But she knew it was too soon.

The brown-haired girl was just about to put the second-to-last cassette into the box, when she noticed that there was only one cassette left.

It was the one without a label.

Expecting that again background noises like from a party or in school are to be heard, she was wrong.

"Test... test... hello? Good it runs. Hi, it's Alex."

The girl had to grin.

"So... it's May 17, 2004 and guess who's birthday it is? The birthday of Bella Elena Brooks my sweet little sister. If you're listening to this, hey sis, I'm glad you found this tape--"