Chapter 36

Chapter 36

White light.

Where am I?

Am I dead?

"No." a male voice spoke up.

Who is that? Who is speaking?

"I should be offended right now."

The brunette's eyes opened.

Everything was so bright and white.

Looking down at herself, she saw that she wasn't even wearing her actual clothes. It was some kind of white suit.

What surprised her even more is when she grabbed her shoulder and couldn't register any wounds.

"Am I dead?" she asked.

"How about you come to me first?" the male voice asked.

She looked around her shoulder and saw a person sitting on a bench.

There was a bench here in the middle of nowhere?

And so the brooks made her way over. But when she was standing a few steps away from the person now, her breath stopped.

"Alex?"

"Hello sis."

She was now sitting down next to the boy, who was wearing a suit just like hers, with both arms stretched out on the bench.

He looked older than she remembered him.

She averted her gaze to look into the white void.

"No more questions?"

"What do you want me to ask? I'm dead, right?"

"Is that how you imagine your afterlife? The two of us on a bench."

"It doesn't sound that bad." she spoke as she looked him in the face again.

"You're not dead Bells." the boy spoke softly.

"What else is this?"

"You're standing in the middle of life and death right now. Means it's all up to you now if you can make it back to your body."

"But why now? I thought Mason shot me?"

"That's true... but your body is fighting for life right now."

She was silent.

"What if I don't want to keep fighting... what if I want to stay here, with you?"

The boy sighed before standing up and asking for the girl's hand. The girl looked at him in confusion.

"Come with me."

And so she took her brother's hand. This was following to the effect that she was about to feel like she was waking up from a dream... but when she looked around she recognized her brother beside her.