Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Bella pressed her lips gently to Lizzie's

Previously

"Bella? Is that you?"

"No."

"Yes or no?"

"Yes or no? Am I Santa or who else is outside your window at this hour."

She now saw from her viewpoint the figure of the Olsens girl looking down at her.

"Did you fall down?"

"No I was actually just going to sunbathe."

Just as the younger girl was about to go to help the girls up, the brunette girl stood up with a grunt.

"It's okay... I can do it by myself."

With a swing she grabbed the window frame to climb it up.

Lizzie was already ready to support the girl.

When Brooks finally stood in the room, she took a breath and looked directly at the girl, who was staring back at her in the same way.

Brown on green.

"Hey." they both spoke at the same time.

Present time

After a while the two did nothing more than look into each other's eyes Lizzie was the first to speak up again.

"I'm so so sorry I didn't show up... or text you but the boys didn't want to go to sleep-"

Suddenly someone took her hands, which were moving nervously through the air.

"Hey... it's all good. It doesn't matter anymore." the brunette spoke in a calm voice.

The smaller one's nervous hands went into the older girl's touch.

Warm as ever.

"Do you want to talk?" spoke up Bella again.

The green eyed girl thought for a moment before speaking up again.

"Sure."

With slow steps without releasing their hands from each other, the two now sat down on the bed.

Both sat with crossed legs facing each other while their hands were now on Lizzie's lap.

She liked this pleasant closeness.

Bella watched as the girl's eyes were fixed on her lap and there was no sign of eye contact.

"Lizzie... I'm sorry."