Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Who are you?"

"Who are you?"

Slowly Lizzie approached the large spruce forest. She loved this forest. There were so many memories here that she constantly had to think about when she walked through it.One of them was the hikes before the sun came up with her parents and siblings when she was younger. The stories that her parents told the children about how they met or spent their school days together back then.

Lizzie was always interested in these stories, because somewhere it was a dream to have the same situation happen to her.

At a slow pace Lizzie approached the place.. rarely visited by anyone. She found it strange, because somehow it was common to meet people everywhere but not here. That wasn't a bad thing for the Olsen but still weird.In front of her the path with the slowly changing color of the leaves on the ground, the roots of the trees growing into the ground and the slightly wet ground from yesterday's rain. Above her she could see the rays of light shining through the branches and leaves.... The birds that flew from one place to another and the soft rustling of the trees by the breeze that came from time to time towards her.

With both hands inside her hoodie, she saw the small pond approaching in front of her. With a stop, she took the lighter and the pack of cigarettes from her pocket, where her hands were a minute before.

No her parents don't know.. yes smoking is bad.. no she won't stop because of that.

A few cigarettes were still in there but she knew that wouldn't last long.

"Reminder to ask Cedric for a new pack.." the dark blond haired mumbled to herself before she now held the already lit cigarette.. with the other free hand she rubbed her dry eyes from all the wind before.

It was a medium-sized pond with all kinds of trees around. You could say it looked like a place in movies, because on the other side of her was a foodbridge..nothing more, which should probably be replaced. Well how if no one comes here, right?..

The remaining sun, which will probably disappear soon still shone it's rays on the surface of the water, so that it gave the water a little shimmer. In the water itself you could see only the small animals swimming and with a glance to the right she saw how a duck family slowly went out of the water to probably look for a place for the night.

With a grin, Elizabeth slowly moved towards the rocks to her left. She just loved doing that. The feeling of peace in a beautiful place where no human could disturb her. She could stay here forever.

With her feet in front of her and her arms propped up on her kneecaps, she took a drag on her cigarette before disappearing into her thoughts.But what she probably didn't know that she wasn't alone in this forest.

Soft sounds were suddenly heard in the distance, pulling Lizzie out of her thoughts. She followed her gaze in the direction of the sounds."Is there someone here, or am I just imagining this?..", the green-eyed woman spoke to herself before taking the last drag of her cigarette and going to follow the sounds.

With a swing she jumped down the high rock. She now stood still to better orient herself where the sounds were coming from. "I think it goes into the path behind the bridge...". She walked the path around the pond, hearing only the slight movement of the waves. She put on the hood of the gray hoodie so that eventually when she ran into the bushes nothing would get caught in her hair.

"I am really stupid..what if a 60 year old full-haired grandpa jumps out of somewhere and takes me with him.", the 16-year old girl said to herself before she continued to follow the path along.

Who would have thought that the Olsen girl was very very wrong..

The noises got louder and louder.. is that the sound of a guitar?

Looking around every few seconds to make sure that no one would suddenly jump out of the bushes to kidnap her.

Now the sounds were clearly audible as Lizzie slowly approached a dense place of trees that blocked her view of what stood behind them. She squeezed through the trunks, because for some reason she had the urge to know who else might be here in this usually empty forest.

Glancing behind a trunk, she saw a large tree in front of her that she had not seen before. It looked old but in spite of that it was a beautiful sight with the sun going down behind it.

 It looked old but in spite of that it was a beautiful sight with the sun going down behind it

(Imagine more trees around it for the forest vibes)

"Wow..." she murmured before taking her eyes off the tree and seeing a figure sitting on one of the large branches.

She couldn't see the person from where she was standing to even tell if it was a girl or a boy. Sneakily, she walked around the trees to approach the big tree. She looked around and saw large rocks standing to the right of the tree, giving her the opportunity to observe the person from there. To be sure that she would not be seen, she kept looking at the tree along the way to avoid being spotted.

There she sat... on the tree with a guitar in her hand and her left leg hanging from the branch and the right propped up to give her support. With her back against the trunk of the tree, she played the guitar.

Lizzie wished she could take a picture of the sight, but that would probably be very strange.

She carefully looked out from behind the large stones to remember this image infront of her.

Hazel brown wavy hair that go down to her chest, black already slightly used converse with big shoelaces, black wide mom jeans and the oversized sage green sweater. She had her sleeves rolled up to probably play better.

God she looked so beautiful to Lizzie.

She had her eyes closed and with a neutral face and a slight tilt of the head she played the strings of the guitar in front of her. Lizzie doesn't recognize the song but she knew she was good at playing it...very good in fact..

No one she had ever met before. She looked about 16 or 17? Probably her age, she thought.

The thought suddenly popped into her head of how high the branch was that the girl in the green sweater was sitting on, and she wondered if the girlwasn't afraid to look down from that height.

I mean, she even has her eyes closed the whole time, so the dark blonde girl couldn't even tell what color the eyes of the girl without a name might have.

"Who are you?" the Olsen girl spoke to herself.

↯↯↯

-A

05/17/21
12:39am
1178words