Chapter 41

Empire Chapter 41: The Beginning of the End, a gossip girl fanfic | FanFiction

Chapter 41

Lux's Point of View

Serena and Blair had taken off in search of Dan and Georgina while Chuck and I headed back to the apartment to come up with a plan to rid the city of Georgina once and for all. I was half tempted to call pest control being that she is one. Things were a bit awkward between Chuck and me because I had pressured him earlier in the night to tell me how he really felt about me. It was a waste of breath apparently because he said nothing. He's never been one to talk about or share his feelings. I don't know why I assumed he would be any different with me in that regard. He's Chuck Bass the playboy of the Upper East Side. He charms me senseless and leaves me defenseless waiting for him. I don't want to want him, but I do so much. I just wish I knew if he really wanted me for me or just for a plaything...

We were up half the night pacing around my room strategizing trying to come up with a foolproof plan when we inevitably crashed. I was so tired from running around all night with B looking for S that as soon as I sat down on my bed I was out like a light. While unconsciousness still partially consumed me I could feel the warmth of something lying across my side and snuggled into the comforter more feeling the warmth move up my back. Wearily, I opened my eyes to see Chuck lying in front of me sound asleep with his arm resting protectively over me. I don't remember him crawling into the bed at all. Normally, I would just curl into him more but I need to know what his deal is so until then he's not getting anything from me whatsoever.

"Wake up Bass!" I shrieked hitting him in the shoulder. It startled him enough to awaken him from his beauty rest. "Ow! What the hell was that for?" He croaked out still half asleep as I quickly moved away from him and got to my feet still in a groggy state of mind.

"Who? What? When? Why!" I questioned trying to remember if we had made out or possibly done anything else. It was Chuck after all. He has a way of working his way back into my heart so quickly with just the flash of a smile. I hate myself for getting so lost in him.

"We were up late plotting against Georgina, we must have dozed off." Chuck said sitting up and running his fingers through his messy shaggy hair before letting his eyes settle on me and my bare legs that were sticking out of the bottom of the dress I'd slept in.

"You were on the floor!" I pointed out staring him down.

"I didn't want to hurt my back the night before the wedding." He retorted. I scoffed and shook my head laughing.

"It's really not like you do anything athletic." I laughed out attempting to walk away from him. I felt his hand land on my hip stopping me and looked down to see him smirking up at me licking his bottom lip deep in thought about something.

"That's not entirely true now is it?" He replied still holding me in front of him eyeing me up and down. My lower stomach fluttered and for a split second I was rendered speechless. Chuck sat on the edge of the bed holding me in front of him.

"Okay, fine nothing that requires you to take off your scarf." I shot back at him placing my hands on his shoulders. He chuckled and let his hands fall a little lower touching my skin. The feel of his hands on me made me weak in the knees. For a moment I thought I was going to fall.

"That was one time. It was chilly." He reminded me. A brief smile danced across my lips remembering the time we made out after class one blustery winter day outside of The Palace Hotel.

"Enough about the past...Before you landed in my bed we actually landed on a brilliant idea to get rid of Georgina." I said wrenching myself away from Chuck and his deep brown eyes that just sucked me in every time I looked at him.