Chapter 35 Part 2

Start from the beginning

But what immediately caught my eye was the large knife he brought to light.

"I see you even have my things with you, that's nice."

I continued to stare with alarmed eyes at the object in his hand. He noticed this that.

"Nice piece, right? Not like the little others I usually used... yet today I fel--."

"You're sick Mason, you know," I interrupted him. You could see the surprise on his face, but he turned it back into a smirk.

With the big knife propped on his shoulder and his other hand reaching into his pants pocket, he approached the teacher's desk.

The grip around my handle tightened enough to turn my knuckles white.

"Sick.. why would you say something so mean?"

"What you did to all those girls... that's sick Donavan. Even I can speak of experience." I spoke without letting my fear be heard.

He was silent without looking at me.

A sick psychopath... that's exactly how his posture looked right now with the knife in his hand, the white T-shirt and the tousled blond hair. The expression on his face expressed that this is not the Mason Donavan everyone else knows.

The captain, the big girl hero, the oh so great boy. No behind that shell was a crazy 18 year old who loved to abuse girls and film and photograph.. and also someone who got away with a murder of an teenager boy.

"Sick you say?" he whispered still with his head down. He now brought out the object next to him which looked like some kind of remote control. Without predicting anything, he pressed one of the buttons and thereupon I heard something explode outside, making the room shake.

"If that's the way it is..." suddenly he swung the machete at me, but before it hit me I swung the broom handle over me so that now the sharp edge cut into the wood.

I now looked into the blue eyes in front of me that probably didn't expect this.

I had to get out of here.

Before the blue-eyed man reacted, I took the opportunity to kick him with my leg at full force. The knife came loose from the wood and I ran past the falling body to the door. I tore it open and started running.

Behind me I heard him shouting;

"There is no escape Brooks. We're both trapped here!"

-

No One's POV

Everything was in gray smoke and the fire spread more and more through the rooms and corridors.

While hiding, the brunette heard again and again how something seemed to explode.

Breathing also became more and more difficult, but it did not stop her from moving steadily. In one of the storage rooms of the janitor, the brooks was able to find a mask and gloves, which she took to help her somehow through the fire.

She was about to make her way into the large theater room with the hope that there might be a back exit.

It was hard when much of the paths were already on fire and even clearing them through caused her fingers to get more burned even through the gloves.

But just now she was in one of the corridors and from the angle she saw the door that led to the theather halle.

With a smile under her mask, the teenager moved towards the door.

But before she put her hand on the handle she noticed someone coming out of one of the corridors on the other side with a searching look.

The white T-shirt was no longer white, but already covered with black ash and sweat. When his gaze fell on the brown-haired one, she froze, but not only at his figure, but at the new object he held in his right hand.