I'm proud of me. (Mississippi angst)

I love him-

Shut up.

TW: Self-hatred, mentions of suicide

Mississippi trudged into the local Target. Feeling awful, he had just finished a state meeting, and being last at almost everything doesn't help with a crowd of your co-workers.

When a good chunk of them are assholes it makes it easier for them to poke fun of you. Even tho it was always playful, that didn't mean their words didn't hurt any less. The southern state didn't even bother getting a cart. He just wanted some Mint chocolate chip Ice cream and a new hat. New York made fun of his other one...

Saying it looked cheap and worn out. And yeah he did get it at a Good Will, but everyone in that house got some things from there. The place was great. Alaska bought Furniture from there all the time, painting it and changing it to be brand new. And he never saw anything wrong with the old thing.

It did its job well. But... New York was the 'Fashion King' so he had to be right.

Mississippi walked further to the back of the store, looking past the eggs, milk, and butter that smelled rather off to him. After a few more turns he found the Ice cream. Without thinking he scanned the doors, grabbing the biggest container of Mint Chocolate Chip and leaving.

God... He's such a fat ass. Tennessee was right about him eating too much... Maybe he shouldn't? Nah. Ice cream is needed after such a train wreck of a meeting. He walked around to the clothing area.

Looking for a decent hat to wear, something that screamed 'Mississippi.'
He noticed a hat, black with a white M written on it. Eh. Good enough. He picked it up and walked around for a bit.

Opting to stay a little longer than to return to the statehouse. As much as he... Well, love is a strong word... Tolerated, the statehouse he didn't want to go back yet. And embarrass himself and the people around him. He already was one enough according to some. He tried not to think about it tho.

Everyone was disappointed in him. He was sure of it, kinda accepting it. They all wouldn't care if he just... Poofed. Right outta existence. Maybe he could ask Georgia if he wanted some of his old lands back?

No... He'd just say no. Georgia seemed happy to have Alabama and himself around for some odd reason. The South did complement things like his cooking a lot. Or his car, and sometimes his basketball skills. They said he was pretty great, even if they 'tease' him a lot more than compliment him. They all still seemed to like him.

Mississippi walked into an aisle, filled to the brim with fake trophies.

He smiled, he'd never win a real one... But it wouldn't hurt...

He picked up a small gold medal, the ribbon being red, white, and blue. Rubbing his finger lightly against the plastic. He smiled and hugged it tightly. "Everyone may think I suck. But... I guess I'm pretty ok."

A smile crept onto the man's face.

"I'm proud of me."

:)

I was tired when I made this-