Chapter 51 - Fights

Jackson stepped forward, and I rolled my eyes at his form, not bothering to raise my fists. I stood in the middle of the boxing ring as he came at me. His first punch is going to make him fall forward on his face if he punched correctly. That would be fucking hilarious. I adjusted my feet, balancing out my weight and watching him through bored eyes.

His punch flew at me, and I caught his fist, pushing it back with ease. He stumbled back, his smirk fading. I swept my leg at him, and he fell to the ground with me still holding his arm. I twisted his arm behind his back, applying just enough pressure to almost break it. Jackson screamed, his body writhing pathetically underneath me. I straddled his back, one hand keeping his arm pinned and the other one pulling his head up by his hair so all his friends could see him. The room went silent, and I mentally sighed. He could've at least offered me a small challenge.

"You scream like a girl," I chuckled. Loud silence echoed around the room. I looked up, my eyes seeking out Alexander. He was standing on the platform still, a crude grin on his face. He winked at me, and I snapped Jackson's arm. He screamed again, and I rolled off of him, standing up. I crossed my arms and leaned against the ropes of the big ring. A gasp ran through the room and two of the guards came to pick Jackson up, one gripping his injured arm at the shoulder and the other one almost tearing the other arm out of its socket. I looked around the room at the shocked faces.

"Next?" I asked. Alexander's cold chuckle met my ears. I looked at him, but he didn't meet my eyes. His presence felt cold and intimidating. I felt small compared to him, even when I knew it was not his intention.

I now understood why he told me not to overthink. He was treating me like I didn't matter to him, and while I understood why, I couldn't help but wonder how he did it so perfectly. It was as if he had never met me.

I turned away from him, grabbing the boxing tape from where it was in the corner and wrapping it around my knuckles, preparing for a long day of teaching people how to fight. People that would unknowingly frustrate me because I am not a patient person and they do not offer enough of a challenge for me to get all that frustrated energy out. I felt a headache coming on the longer I thought, and I sighed, turning back to the circle. There was a line of people already waiting to be taught, and I tore my mind away from myself, focusing on what needed to be done.

I stayed in the boxing ring the whole day, teaching people how to fight. Each one needed to know the basics of the basics, like foot position, aim, and not overthrowing a punch. Alexander never came close to me, never even fucking looked at me. I slowly sensed myself getting more and more frustrated with the people I was teaching, and I hated it.

"Don't aim for the arm." I snapped at the girl in the ring with me, a little bit of attitude sneaking into my voice. "Aim for weak points, the nose, throat, eyes, stomach." My blood lit up throughout my veins as I finally pushed Alexnader out of my mind, sinking into that cold place of battle. My senses became sharper, my movements less rushed and more calculated. In my mind, I sank into the mindset where it was impossible to win a fight against me.

I ducked a punch and crouched to the floor. I bounced up on my heels and grabbed the person's ankle. She crashed to the ground, and I stood up. I looked around, scanning the crowd for Alexander. He was always surrounded by silent, brooding guards, and now wasn't any different.

When I saw him I immediately wished that I didn't. A white-blond girl was running at him, swinging her arms around his neck. I didn't know if he pushed her away or not, as I had turned away and walked to the bathrooms, ignoring the people who called out after me.

More memories rushed back to me. Alexander kissed my sister in my bedroom. Alexander talking to my brother while I talked to my parents. Alexander holding my hands as I panicked in my bathroom. Alexander shielded my body from the bomb. Alexander's name texting me. Alexander this, Alexander that. Alexander. Alexander... Alex. Alex. Alex. Alex.