Chapter 2- Bombs On My Birthday

I ended up buying that ice cream for my birthday, and I was sitting on the porch of my little house, scanning through the file I had printed out of my next mission. The Boss had e-mailed me back, telling me that he had another mission for me, so I printed out the information, bringing it outside with me as I enjoyed my little birthday gift from me and to me.

My mission's name is Alexander Zane, and he was very handsome. He wasn't accused of anything, but we all knew that he had at least done something. He was the highest of mob bosses. He was basically the king of the Mafia, but he hadn't completed training yet. Being the king of the mafia is like being on top of the food chain. He tells my boss what to tell me. If there is a betrayal in the mafia, the king knows. He knows everything about everyone- and he can declare war, or end it, even if no one wants it. He has power, and if you cross him, you are welcoming yourself into hell. He's only as old as me, but he already has thousands of merciless kills under his belt. And he likes fire.

He is what I stand against. He represents pure dominance, power, and strength. He seems like one of those men that will make you fall in love with you, then he will fuck your brains out then he will leave. And I hate men like that. His hair was dark black, curly, and long. I felt drawn to him, for some unexplainable reason. He was based in Russia, but he was visiting the mafias around the world right now. The file said he was in Canada.

A cricket started chirping, interrupting my thought process because I have the attention span of a fucking goldfish, and I sighed. The noise became increasingly annoying and drawing my attention away from the file.

"Shut up!" I yelled. Instead of going quiet, the chirping noises became faster with each moment. My blood froze as I recognized the sound.

It was a bomb.

Fear and confusion installed in my mind as I quickly surveyed the neighborhood. There aren't many houses here, and they are very far away from each other. I dropped the ice cream and ripped up the file as I towards the sound of the bomb.

I saw him standing there, looking at his phone, leaning against the lampost. He seemed completely at ease. I hesitated for a second, the shock at seeing my mission right in front of me almost comical. Next, I saw that the flower bed was disturbed. Confusion as to what I was doing raced through me as the bomb sped up.

I could just let the bomb take Alexander out, but I knew I couldn't do that, I just can't. I panicked, my heart rate rising as I tried to decide.

Shit, I dropped my ice cream.

"Fucking hell," I muttered, shaking my head at myself and focusing back on the problem right in front of me. Alexander hadn't noticed me yet, and I bit my lip, shoving the confusion and the shock aside and turning my energy to the problem inside of me.

I hated the idea of this man, why the fuck would my brain not let me let the bomb take him out?

I had no clue why my mission was in my neighborhood, but I'm not letting a bomb kill him.

I sprinted, almost close enough to the bomb to deactivate it. Alexander looked up and saw me. Our eyes met, and pure annoyance burned in my veins as he looked at me, his eyes sharp and angry. I ignored him. He tried to grab my waist, but I savagely pushed past him.

Why the fuck is he just standing there?! I know that he knows about the bomb. He's a fucking Mafia king, how the fuck could he not know that there is a damn bomb about to blow him up?

Okay, Audrey, that's enough swearing.

I dropped to my knees, ignoring the pain that shot up my legs as my knees scraped against the cement. Questions ran through my mind, but I ignored them. Alexander shouted at me, but I couldn't hear him over the confusion, anger, and panic in my veins. I dug through the dirt that was in the flower bed. I knew the bomb was somewhere near. Somewhere... come on...!