Chapter 3- Information At the Hosptial

Alexanders POV

My hands clutched the steering wheel hard as I stared ahead at the flashing lights of the ambulance. Aron sat tense beside me, millions of questions in each glance he set me. The loud sounds of sirens surrounded me, and I was torn in between two emotions. One that was frustration at my father and this woman for getting in the way of the stupid bomb. And another emotion that was making my heart squeeze like a lemon- I couldn't place it. I also couldn't figure out why I needed to follow this woman to the hospital. Maybe it was because of one of the lesser rules I knew.

Something like if another member of the mafia willingly hurts themselves for you, you have to take care of it, or some shit. She had technically saved my life, and I did technically now owe her my life- but I don't think that's the entire reason I was following her to the hospital.

I pulled into the hospital, watching from a distance as the nurses pulled her unconscious form out of the back of the ambulance, tearing the sweater that she wore off of her body. My grip on the wheel tightened as I saw the curves of her breasts and her toned stomach leading down to thick thighs.

But I also saw all the scars, even from a few yards back.

This girl was most unquestionably more than she seemed.

I waited a few minutes before walking into the hospital and filling out the forms at the desk. The nurse lead me and Aron to a waiting room, and I sat down, my knee bouncing up and down impatiently.

"Want me to get the information on her?" Aron asked. I curtly nodded, not saying anything and staring ahead at the boring white wall. Aron walked out of the room, and I got up, pacing around.

Why am I here? I have so many other things I could be doing, including planning an attack on my father. I shouldn't be here, not for a random girl I haven't even met yet, and I sure as hell shouldn't be planning on paying for any expenses the hospital charges. I sighed, running a hand through my hair, wishing I had something-anything to do. A joint, a fuck, work, anything to pass the time since I've apparently decided to wait for this girl and see what happened to her in the explosion.

I walked out of the waiting room, making my way out to my car and grabbing my computer. If I was going to be stuck at a hospital for a while, I might as well get some work done.

I changed out of my dress shirt since it had her blood on it along and dirt and ashes from the bomb. Once I was settled back inside, comfy in a chair, I opened the computer, logging on and diving into work.

I was only sent after people that no one else could get. After all, only the best for the best.

My mission was a special assassin that was known for quick, merciless kills, and for disappearing into thin air. It was proven that it was a girl, but no name was provided to me. I noticed dimly that she only killed men who deserved it.

Sounded like a good person to have on my side...

I kept having to refocus on the mission, as my thoughts kept going to the girl as doctors rushed in and out of her room, the steady beep of her heart monitor faltering sometimes. I shook my head, looking back at my screen. I studied the facts of the case. No one knew who she was, and no one survived an encounter with her. I sighed and chose to look at the mission again tomorrow. I could focus on hunting down the assassin after I made sure the girl who saved me was okay.